This Indonesian Peanut Saute copycat recipe from Noodles and Company features chicken, noodles, lots of veggies, and peanuts sautéed in a creamy peanut sauce.
Indonesian Peanut Saute
This Indonesian Peanut Saute is my personal version of the dish from Noodles & Co. When I got the news that they were taking it off the menu, I was SO SAD! I knew I had to try to make it at home. I knew the basic components – noodles, veggies, chicken, and peanut sauce – and I set out to make my own version! Luckily, it turned out just like it! This recipe even got my husband’s stamp of approval. In fact, he said “This is my favorite Thai noodle dish I have ever had! It’s even better than Noodles & Co!”
How to Make Peanut Sauce
Before I knew how to make peanut sauce I was so intimidated by it! I was worried it would just end up tasting like peanut butter. However, this peanut sauce recipe could not be easier and it turns out great every time! All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until smooth! Make sure there are no lumps or clumps. That’s it!
Other International Noodle Dishes to Try
If you like this Indonesian Peanut Saute, check out some of our other noodle recipes from around the world!
- Yakisoba (Japanese Stir-Fry Noodles)
- Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- Nick’s Authentic Italian Spaghetti
- One-Pot Jambalaya Pasta
- Thai Peanut Chicken
How to Make Indonesian Peanut Saute
- 2 pounds chicken cut into thin strips
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 4 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 16 ounces linguine noodles
- shoestring carrots
- broccoli florets chopped
- green onion
- bean sprouts
- 2 limes sliced
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil, Sriracha, lime, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, salt and pepper. While chicken is cooking, prepare the linguine (to al dente) and make the peanut sauce. After the chicken is cooked, remove from the skillet and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Re-oil the skillet, add vegetables and saute (except for the bean sprouts, add those a few minutes before serving so they are still nice and crunchy and don't get overcooked). Add the chicken and bean sprouts to the skillet, cover, and reduce heat.
- Drain noodles and stir them together with the peanut sauce. Top with veggies & chicken and garnish with peanuts and limes.
- Combine chicken broth, peanut butter, chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until sauce becomes smooth and well blended.
***Peanut Sauce recipe adapted from Our Best Bites