These easy fish tacos are fantastic! Make these for a great weeknight meal when you don’t have a whole lot of time to prepare dinner—the entire family will love them.
Easy Fish Tacos
These easy fish tacos are so yummy and simple to make. I was experimenting one night with extra fish we had and came up with these. Since then, these have been a weeknight dinner staple.
Even the people in my family who would not describe themselves as seafood fans enjoy these easy fish tacos. Give them a try and see!
Best Fish for Fish Tacos
The best fish to use for these easy fish tacos is one that is a saltwater fish with a mild flavor. Some good options are:
- Mahi Mahi
Make It Extra Easy with Frozen Fish
The above being said I have a secret tactic I’ll often use if I’m trying to make these in a hurry: frozen fish! Just look in the freezer section of the grocery store for breaded frozen white fish, then prepare the rest of the recipe as directed.
Best Sauce for Fish Tacos
I generally make this with a yummy mayo-based sauce topped with pico. It’s so good! This is my preferred way to make the fish tacos, although if I get super busy and don’t have time to whip up a fresh sauce, I’ll use a bottled chipotle ranch sauce from the grocery store. It’s not quite AS good, but it’ll save you even more time when making these easy fish tacos!
More Taco Recipes:
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos
- Copycat Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Navajo Tacos with Homemade Fry Bread
- Easy Shrimp Tacos with Homemade Slaw
- 10-Minute Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- Thai Fish Tacos
- Locos Tacos in a Bag
- Kalua Pork Tacos with Fresh Mango Salsa
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Bacon
- Grilled Steak Street Tacos
How to Make Easy Fish Tacos
Cilantro Cream SAUCE:
- Put a piece of fish in each tortilla shell, top with cabbage, sauce, pico, feta, and fresh cilantro.
- SAUCE: Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- PICO DE GALLO: Toss all ingredients together and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes.