Cilantro Verde Sauce is our go to sauce for everything Mexican! Drizzle it over burritos or tacos, dip chips in it, or use it as a salad dressing.Tangy,slightly spicy, delicious!
Cilantro Verde Sauce
This Cilantro Verde Sauce is the most used sauce in our house! We always have a jar in the refrigerator, and I have to replenish it at least once a week because it goes super fast. We originally got this recipe from our good friend the Food Nanny while presenting with her at the Really Big Cooking show. She told us this sauce was amazing, and she was right! It’s easy to make, easy to store and so versatile you can drizzle it over just about anything from salads to burritos to tacos to nachos.
Suggestions for Cilantro Verde Sauce
- This sauce can be served warm or cold! Warm it up and smother it over burritos, or cold as a sauce over tacos or as a chip dip.
- Pile a plate high with greens and veggies and drizzle over them for a spicy sweet salad. Add grilled chicken for extra protein.
- Cilantro Verde Sauce is delicious over fish, shrimp, steak or chicken.
- We lightened up our version from the original by using Greek yogurt. If you want to make it the authentic way, use Mayo instead.
- Cilantro gives this dressing a beautiful deep green color and vivid flavor but doesn’t add any spice, so don’t worry about this sauce being too spicy.
- For more heat, add a dash or two of extra Tabasco sauce or sriracha.
- Not a fan of cilantro? You can substitute flat leaf Italian parsley for the cilantro. The sauce will have the same gorgeous green color but will taste completely different.
- To store, keep in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator. It’ll stay nice and fresh for up to a week.
More Delicious Mexican Recipes
This sauce elevates just about anything you serve it with! From burritos to tacos to salads to nachos, we could put this sauce on anything. Try some of these favorite recipes with this sauce as a side:
- Cheesy Grilled Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Mexican Lasagna
- Easy Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- Pork Chile Verde Recipe
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Keep refrigerated.
- Blendtec Blender