These Greek Lemon Chicken Foil Packets are an easy summertime meal with virtually no clean up. Perfect for camping or just an easy dinner at home!
I love making foil pack dinners in the summer. They are so easy to do and there is no mess afterwards! You can even eat these right out of the foil if you want even less mess (we will usually eat them over paper plates just in case they leak. Whether you want an easy weeknight meal at home or looking for a great camping recipe, these Lemon Chicken Foil Packets have got you covered.
Prepping the Packets.
The size of “mini potatoes” can vary greatly. Sometimes 40 minutes won’t be enough to cook the potatoes through. You can simply cut the potatoes in half or you can poke them with a fork and cook them in the microwave for a 2-3 minutes before adding them to the packets. If you can’t find mini potatoes, you can use Yukon Gold potatoes, diced.
If you are looking for more add-in ideas, you can also add broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and/or Kalamata olives. Use what you have on hand or what your family will eat. For the seasonings, if you don’t have Greek seasoning on hand, you can use lemon pepper and a dash of oregano as a substitute.
We love making these on the grill outside because it keeps the heat out of the house. Of course, if you don’t have a grill or aren’t in the mood to cook outside, you can always pop these in the oven instead. You can do them for the same amount of time and at the same heat (400-degrees).
If you are making these for camping, heat some coals and place them to side of your campfire and place the packets on top. You don’t want to place your foil packets directly in the fire. Place a few coals over the packets to get even heating. You may want to spray the foil before prepping so the potatoes don’t stick and maybe even add 1/3 c. chicken broth to each packet. The heat is more direct over coals than in an oven so it may dry out and stick more.
Also, When prepping the foil packs for camping, make sure you pound the chicken nice and flat. That way it will cook more evenly and will ensure it gets cooked through. Also, cut the potatoes a little smaller if doing them for camping. You may even want to consider scalloping the potatoes so they cook better. Flip the packet about half way through cooking (20-25 minutes), so you can get even heating. Make sure your packets are sealed very well so no juices leak out.
- 4 chicken breast halves or chicken thighs
- 1 lb. mini potatoes* see notes above
- 2 zucchini cut into pieces
- 20-25 grape tomatoes
- 1/4 olive oil or to taste
- Greek seasoning to taste (or lemon pepper)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lemons sliced
- 1/2 c. feta cheese
- (makes 4-5 grill packets)
- Heat grill to 400-degrees (you can do this in your oven, too, at the same temp.).
- Season chicken with Greek seasoning and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes into 4-5 equal portions.
- Evenly distribute vegetables between 4-5 12-18" foil squares.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over each portion of vegetables and season with Greek seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken over the top of each vegetable pile and drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Place a thin slice of lemon or two over each piece of chicken.
- Tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam.
- Grill 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Be careful when opening packets. Steam will release and be VERY HOT.
- Open packets and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Sprinkle a little Feta cheese over each packet and serve with extra lemon slices.
Try some of our other grill foil packet recipes!
- Cajun Style Grill Foil Packets: These foil packets are bursting with Cajun flavor. These can also be called Shrimp Boil Foil Packets because they are like a shrimp boil all wrapped up in one easy foil pack!
- Grill Foil Ranch Potatoes: These are the perfect side dish for any meal on the grill. Takes seconds to whip up and even less time to clean up!