This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Grilled Corn on the Cob is a tasty side to any summer supper. Buttery flavor with a hint of lime and cilantro give the sweet corn extra flavor.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
This Grilled Corn on the Cob with buttery cilantro lime is a delicious spin on plain corn on the cob. Our family has been making this for years, and it’s one of those side dishes that kept slipping through the cracks and I never got it posted. But this time I made sure I had my camera out to document this yummy corn recipe. Part of the reason it has eluded me is that we have a hard time eating “corn on the cob” any other time of year than late summer/fall. When corn is actually fresh, and you can get locally grown corn in season, we eat it constantly!
Suggestions for this Recipe
- This is a great and easy side dish to compliment any food you are grilling. The cilantro and lime flavors are perfect with corn!
- This recipe is to taste, depending on how much corn you are cooking up, so there aren’t exact measurements.
- To prep the corn for grilling, remove all the husks and let the corn soak in cold water for about 15 minutes.
- Pat the corn dry with paper towels, then lay on squares of aluminum foil, cut to wrap each corn individually.
- Next, drizzle each cob with melted butter, lime juice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro, kosher salt and pepper.
- Then wrap them in aluminum foil, with “handles” at each end.
- Grill corn on the cob over medium heat for about 20 minutes, making sure to rotate occasionally.
- Finally, drizzle with extra butter before serving.
What to Serve with Grilled Corn
This easy side dish complements so many summertime suppers. Try it with a few of these easy recipes:
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos
- Steak Kabobs
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken
- Easy Grilled Cilantro Lime Halibut
- Grilled Steak Street Tacos
How to Make Grilled Cilantro Lime Corn on the Cob
Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
- Remove husks from corn and thoroughly rinse each piece. Soak the corn cobs in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Remove corn from water bath and pat completely dry with paper towels.
- Cut large pieces of aluminum foil, one for each piece of corn, enough to completely wrap and cover each piece. Then place a piece of corn on each piece of foil.
- Melt butter in the microwave on high for about 20 seconds, or until completely melted. Brush each piece of corn lightly with the melted butter. Then drizzle each piece with lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro, salt, and pepper. Wrap it up in the foil so all the excess juices are still closed in with the corn. (See picture below).
- Grill over medium heat for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally, remove foil and serve hot.
- Drizzle with a little extra melted butter just before serving.