Here is a great recipe for those of you that have made resolutions to eat a little healthier. We first had these shrimp tacos when we used to live in California by my cousins Cory and Kristen. They always blew us away with their amazing culinary skills. This recipe is a favorite from them that we make regularly!
Kristen’s Shrimp Tacos
Ingredients (with Amazon Links)
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- -Toss and season with salt.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- -Mix thoroughly in a blender adding a little water if needed.
- 1 pound shrimp
- pinch of sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Peel shrimp, pat it dry, season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Heat oil over high heat and add shrimp. Cook until shrimp are curled and pink.
- Layer the sauce, shrimp, and cabbage in a warm corn tortilla. We topped it with a little cotija (or feta) cheese.