These Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are the ultimate fall cookies. Pumpkin and maple are a winning combination!
This is the time of year when I love to bake cookies. I love surprising my kids with some homemade cookies after school every now and then. It is also the time of year when we all start craving pumpkin. These Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting are the perfect fall treat. The cookies are chewy and flavorful. The frosting is rich and creamy. The pumpkin flavor in the cookies and the maple flavor in the frosting really complement each other.
I am ready for fall! These pumpkin sandwich cookies get me all excited for apple cider, donuts, soup and all the other delicious fall foods. I got the base of this recipe from Nikki over at Chef In Training from her Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. Nikki is a cookie master. All of her cookie recipes look amazing!
For these cookies, I added a little extra spice and made a simple maple cream cheese frosting for the center. They turned out so yummy! The Jell-O Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix is seasonal so you may want to stock up before it’s gone. I’ve noticed each season that they don’t last on the store shelf very long. I make sure to grab several boxes at the beginning of the season. If you can’t find them at your local grocery store, you can purchase them on Amazon. I use the Jell-O Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix for this recipe and in our Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake and our Pumpkin Eclair Cake. There are all kinds of possibilities! This is what the box looks like:
More Pumpkin Recipes
If you are in the mood for more pumpkin treats, try out these delicious pumpkin recipes.
- Pumpkin Drop Cookies – With only 3 ingredients, these cookies are quick and easy to make.
- Pumpkin Steamers – This pumpkin drink with warm you on a cold, autumn day. The drink is rich and creamy with flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Coffee Cake – This delicious coffee cake has a cream cheese layer and crumb topping that is out of this world. It’s perfect for a breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse Cups – A smooth and creamy mousse that is simple to make, but looks elegant and tastes heavenly!
- Pumpkin Cobbler – This is a traditional fall dessert at our house. A creamy pumpkin pie like layer is topped with a crunchy, buttery, crust. It is incredible served warm with homemade whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.
Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
Cream butter, brown sugar and sugar together in a large bowl then add in dry pumpkin spice instant pudding mix and beat until well combined.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and flour then beat until well combined.
Roll dough into 1" balls. Place them on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 11 minutes.
Beat together the cream cheese, butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Gradually add in the powdered sugar until all the sugar is completely mixed in.
Add a spoonful of frosting between two cookies. Keep cookies refrigerated.