Chicken Lasagna with Bacon is layered with tender noodles, shredded chicken, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes and ranch flavoring. A tasty twist on traditional lasagna.
Chicken Lasagna with Bacon
This lasagna recipe, with chunks of tender chicken, savory bacon, lots of gooey cheese and ranch flavoring, is such a fun dish to make and serve to a crowd. Different than traditional lasagna, bursting with sun dried tomatoes and artichokes. My family loves this dinner on a warm summer evening on the patio with a simple green salad and a side of our Hot Cheese Bread. It’s just as delicious on a cozy, chilly night when you’re craving comfort food at its finest.
Tips for Delicious Chicken Lasagna with Bacon
- My kids are a bit picky when it comes to trying new foods, so I usually make two pans, one with tomatoes and artichokes for the adults and another one without for the kids. Either way you make it, it’s rich, indulgent and delicious!
- To give your lasagna an extra kick, I love using a thick, sliced peppered bacon. It tastes best using freshly cooked bacon, but you can use precooked bacon pieces if you’re pressed for time, or use turkey bacon. All are delicious options!
- This lasagna freezes beautifully. Make one pan for dinner tonight and another to pop in the freezer for later. If stored tightly covered in the freezer, it’ll stay nice and fresh for up to two months.
- To reheat, just pop it in the oven and heat through, about 45 minutes to an hour.
More Lasagna Recipes to Try
You simply can’t go wrong with tender noodles, meat, cheese and rich sauce. There are so many delicious variations on traditional lasagna; try a few of our favorite recipes and see for yourself!
- Aunt Lana’s Lasagna
- Mexican Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Lasagna Roll Ups
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Lasagna Soup
How to Make Chicken Lasagna with Bacon
- 3 c. chicken cooked and shredded
- 3/4 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese grated, divided
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese grated
- 14 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes I use oil-packed, chopped
- 16 oz low-fat cream cheese softened
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 3 Tbsp. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix 1 envelope, unprepared
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package.
- In bowl combine chicken, bacon, 1 c. mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes.
- In separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, milk and dry ranch envelope.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the chicken mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour the other half of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Begin layering 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of chicken mixture and 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat 2 more times. Should have 3 layers total.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- 9x13 inch pan