This Ultimate BLT Sandwich is fresh and crisp, with avocado and cucumbers added to traditional bacon, lettuce and tomato. A perfect sandwich!
Ultimate BLT Sandwich
I have tried several BLT recipes over the years, but this Ultimate BLT Sandwich is my favorite. Ripe, crisp cucumbers and buttery avocado slices added to the traditional bacon, lettuce and tomato makes this a fresh and filling spin on a regular BLT. My daughter, Alexa, had this sandwich one night when she was visiting at her friend’s home, the Hansens. They had this Ultimate BLT Sandwich for dinner and invited her to eat with them. I have had some great dinner ideas come from my kids eating over with friends! I’m always looking for quick and easy dinner ideas that my kids will love, and this is definitely one of them – even with the extra veggies!
Perfectly Seasoned Sandwich
This recipe incorporates one of my favorite seasonings – Salad Supreme. It is in the spices section of the grocery store. The brand I use is McCormick. It is a mixture of Romano cheese, salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, paprika, garlic, celery seed, black pepper, and red pepper. I use it on all kinds of things: pasta, salad, sandwiches, bread sticks, and French bread. The reddish color and the blend of flavors are a little lighter than straight paprika, and make it a pretty garnish as well as a delicious topping. It gives this Ultimate BLT Sandwich an extra punch of flavor.
Suggestions for the Ultimate BLT
- For added bulk, you can top your BLT with crunchy and sweet bean sprouts.
- I like to use a smear of mayo, but you could use Thousand Island dressing, Ranch, mustard, or honey mustard for extra flavor.
- For a quicker meal, use pre-cooked bacon. You can find it next to the regular bacon at the store. Or make several slices ahead of time and store them in the freezer.
- This sandwich is best topped with fresh, home grown tomatoes from the garden. YUM!
- I like to use a crisp layer of green leaf lettuce, but you can use iceberg, Romaine, arugula or even baby spinach for extra crispiness.
More Savory Sandwich Recipes to Try
There’s nothing better than a hearty, filling sandwich for either lunch or dinner! Serve with a side of your favorite potato chips, a pickle spear and some lemonade and you have a simple supper or lunch with minimal effort!
- Cobb Salad Sandwich
- Corned Beef Sandwiches
- Guacamole Chicken Torta Sandwich
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Panini
- Apple Ham and Cheddar Melt Sandwiches
- Avocado Bacon Sandwich
How to Make the Ultimate BLT Sandwich
- Cook bacon in a fry pan. Place on paper towel to drain grease.
- Toast 2 slices of whole wheat bread and spread each with mayonnaise on one side while still warm from toaster.
- On the bottom slice, layer bacon, tomato, cucumber slices, and lettuce.
- Sprinkle Salad Supreme Seasoning on the other slice of bread over the mayonnaise, top the sandwich, and enjoy while toast and bacon are still warm.