Chicken Salad Sandwiches are my go-to for when I’m hosting a luncheon or shower. Tender chicken, grapes, nuts and a delicious sauce is a perfect combination. Delicious!
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
These Chicken Salad Sandwiches are always the star of the buffet when I am hosting a luncheon or a baby or bridal shower. The sweet, slightly savory sauce is mixed with tender chunks of chicken, sliced grapes, and cashews and is perfect served on croissants or rolls. This delicious chicken mixture can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until party time. I’ve also made these to take along on picnics, lake trips, and family reunions. It’s easy to make, looks beautiful and tastes absolutely delicious!
Methods for Preparing Chicken
There are a couple of easy methods to get perfectly cooked shredded chicken:
- The one I like the best is using a slow cooker. When I need cooked chicken for a recipe, I place the chicken breasts in a slow cooker on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours with about a 1/2 cup of chicken broth per 3 chicken breasts. Sometimes I add seasonings depending on what type of recipe I am preparing. After it is no longer pink, I remove the chicken and shred it.
- Another method is to boil the chicken on the stovetop. Place the chicken in a saucepan and cover the chicken with water. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the chicken is no longer pink, about 15-20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the water and allow to cool, then shred the meat with two forks.
- If I’m really pressed for time, I use the Kirkland Signature brand canned chicken from Costco or I buy a roasted chicken and remove the meat from the chicken and shred it. All of these methods work well for the chicken salad filling.
What to Serve with Chicken Salad
Serve this gorgeous chicken salad on croissants, rolls, or bread slices. You can also use tortillas to make a wrap, pita pockets, or just plain over a bed of lettuce. If you want to make it a meal, I like to serve it with a side of fruit or potato chips.
More Yummy Sandwich Recipes
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- Turkey Sandwich with Brie
- Cobb Salad Sandwiches
- Gourmet Steak Sandwiches
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Shrimp Po Boys with Creamy Cajun Sauce
How to Make Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Cook and shred chicken and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, onion powder, and garlic powder to chicken.
- If you are making this ahead, keep chicken mixture refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir in the grapes and cashews.
- Spoon chicken salad mixture onto croissants or bread of your choice and add a lettuce leaf.
- This makes 6-8 sandwiches if using regular-size croissants, sliced bread, or wraps. If using mini croissants or dinner rolls, this recipe will make approximately 12 sandwiches.