This Pilgrim Sandwich is a delicious way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers. All the best parts of the big meal piled onto a sweet and savory sandwich.
This Pilgrim Sandwich is one of the best things about Thanksgiving! Sometimes I look forward more to the leftovers than the actual meal. We usually eat on leftovers for a couple of days, but I like to switch it up so we don’t get tired of eating the same things. This delicious combination of sweet cranberry sauce, savory stuffing and all the other fixings is what makes this sandwich so irresistible. It’s the perfect lunch to serve the next day, when you still have lots of family over and you need a way to use up all that leftover turkey.
Ingredients Needed for the Perfect Pilgrim Sandwich
- For this hearty sandwich you’ll need to start out with a sturdy roll. We always serve soft croissant rolls for Thanksgiving dinner but they’re not big enough for this kind of sandwich. I like to use Kaiser rolls because they’re big, soft, yet sturdy enough to pile ingredients high.
- Then you’ll need all the key players of a Thanksgiving meal: turkey and cranberry sauce.
- You can even add a layer of stuffing, mashed potatoes, and some gravy to this sandwich.
- I like to spread a nice thick layer of cream cheese on the roll. It makes the sandwich nice and moist, and the flavor combined with the cranberry sauce gives it a sweet, creamy flavor. So yum!
- Add provolone cheese, lettuce, and mayo.
- This is delicious served with hot turkey or cold.
If you need to start back with the Thanksgiving menu plan, you are in luck! We have some amazing Thanksgiving recipes all compiled into one post HERE. This post has everything you need from appetizers to the main course, to pies! It’s our best of the best for the big day! If you are wanting to or needing to plan a lower calorie Thanksgiving dinner, we have some delicious recipes for that as well. You can find them all on our Low Calorie Thanksgiving Dinner post HERE.
More Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas
If you are looking for some other ideas to use up those leftovers, another one of our favorites is our Thanksgiving Casserole HERE. That’s a great one for using leftover potatoes, turkey, stuffing, and gravy. And we also compiled a list of other leftover ideas from various blogs that you can find HERE.
How to Make Pilgrim Sandwiches
- Cut open your roll and spread some cream cheese on the bottom slice.
- Add a spoonfull of cranberry on top of the cream cheese.
- Top that with turkey, provolone, and lettuce.
- Spread some Mayonnaise on the top half of the roll, then sandwich it together!