These Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells are the perfect weeknight meal! Also great when served as an appetizer. Easy to make and only a few simple ingredients!
Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells
Don’t these Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells look amazing? They taste even better! I made them the other night as kind of an experiment just to see how they would turn out. I had a box of large pasta shells and I didn’t really know what to do with them and this idea popped into my mind.
Making food fun
My kids LOVE the shells because, well, they are shells and my kids think they are actual seashells. Anytime you can capitalize on something they love, I am game. Seriously, if I want to get my kids to eat something, I just have to stuff it in one of these shells and it automatically becomes their favorite food. I love the large shells for the kiddos because unlike pasta noodles, they don’t get all over the place and they are easy for the little ones to spear with a fork.
Fun food for everyone
Anyway, these aren’t JUST for kids. They make for awesome little appetizers and are the perfect game-day snack! I love getting a little bit of everything (chicken, cheese, pasta) in each bite! Can you get any better than that triple combination? I say, no! These are super super easy to make, even the kids can help with this one too. My 3-year-old was able to help assemble these, she felt like such a big-shot helping out. If you don’t have breaded chicken (or you want to try something different) pop a meatball in there instead of chicken for Meatball Parmesan Shells. YUM!
Best Spaghetti Sauce To Use
If you are in a rush, you can always use a pre-made spaghettis sauce like Ragu or Prego. Even if you start with a base like that you can easily doll it up with some additional spices to make it taste more like your own. But for an incredible flavor, use our Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes in this recipe.
More delicious Italian recipes
Now that we’ve got your mind thinking about all the great sauce, cheese and pasta combinations out there, check out these other great Italian recipes:
- Baked Italian Sausage Rotini — Savory, cheesy and a little spicy. Tastes great fresh or freeze for later.
- Italian Pasta Salad — Easy, yet bursting with Italian flavor
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Shredded Chicken — Make this ahead in the crock pot for a fast, delicious meal
And don’t miss out on these other amazing Chicken Dinner recipes!
How to make Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells
- Pre-heat oven to 375-degrees.
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool for easier handling.
- Cut chicken strips into 1 1/2 inch pieces (4-5 pieces per strip). You want it to be about the same size as the shells.
- Cut cheese into strips (as if you were cutting them to serve with crackers) to your desired thickness.
- Place the cheese on top of a chicken piece and stuff inside the shell, putting in a toothpick to hold it together if needed).
- Spread about 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce over the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Place the prepared stuffed shells in the baking dish and cover evenly with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella/Parmesan blend and bake for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.