This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Spicy Sausage Pasta is my husband’s all-time favorite pasta… possibly his favorite dinner altogether. This is definitely a man pleasing meal!
Spicy Sausage Pasta
So, funny story, when my niece was in college, she really wanted to impress a boy by making him a delicious dinner. She said she wanted to make him something that was really hearty, but not just something typical like steak and potatoes. I told her about this Spicy Sausage Pasta – it is not only my husband’s all-time favorite pasta, but possibly his favorite dinner altogether. I suggested she make it. She called me a few days later and reported that it was a huge hit! Not only did the boy love it but all her roommates and their boyfriends gobbled up the leftovers! This is definitely a man (and woman) pleasing meal!
Tips For Making Spicy Sausage Pasta
Don’t worry, this Spicy Sausage Pasta really isn’t TOO spicy! You can always add or take away ingredients to make it as spicy or mild as you would like. You can also use normal sausage as opposed to hot sausage. Also, if you want to make this meal REALLY easy, substitute the homemade sauce for about 2-3 cups of store-bought Alfredo sauce– it won’t be quite as good as homemade but it will still taste delicious. My last tip is to get the pastrami from the deli counter – it tastes so much better!
Other Delicious Pasta Recipes
If you’re like me and you’re obsessed with pasta, you have to try some of our other delicious pasta recipes!
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
- Artichoke Chicken Pasta
- Grilled Chicken Pasta Primavera
- Creamy Bowtie Asparagus Pasta
- 15-Minute Beef and Noodle Skillet
- One Pot Creamy Garlic Noodles
- Skinny Red Pepper Alfredo
- Fresh and Easy Lemon Pasta
Spicy Sausage Pasta
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices cut into halves
- 1/4 pound pastrami sliced
- 4 oz sliced jalapenos drained
- 4.25 oz sliced black olives drained
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces spaghetti or linguine noodles prepared according package directions
- Melt a little of the butter in a medium saucepan and add half of the garlic. Saute on medium heat for about a minute, then add remaining butter, whipping cream, and pepper. Bring to a slight simmer and add the parmesan cheese.
- Lower heat and stir until cheese is completely melted in and sauce thickens. In a large skillet, piece sausage in small chunks and cook thoroughly. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms and remaining garlic. When onions become clear, add remaining ingredients and saute for about 8 minutes or until everything is hot and cooked through.
- Remove sauce from heat and toss with cooked pasta noodles. Top pasta with skillet mixture, parmesan cheese, and hot red pepper flakes (to taste).