Don’t worry, this really isn’t TOO spicy! This recipe used to be called “Hot Pasta” but I am re-naming it “Creamy Cowboy Spaghetti” because it just seems more fitting. You can always add or take away ingredients to make it as spicy or mild as you would like. If you want to make it REALLY easy, substitute the homemade sauce for about 2-3 cups of store-bought alfredo sauce– it won’t be quite as good as home-made but it will still taste delicious. This is not only my husband’s all-time favorite pasta, but possibly his favorite dinner altogether. This is definitely a man pleasing meal!
- 1/2 lb. hot italian sausage
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 c. mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 c. pepperoni cut into halves
- 1/4 lb. Pastrami sliced
- 1 small can sliced jalapenos drained
- 1 small can sliced black olives drained
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. pkg. linguini noodles prepared with package directions
- Melt a little of the butter in a medium saucepan and add half of the garlic. Saute on medium heat for about a minute, then add remaining butter, whipping cream, and pepper. Bring to a slight simmer and add the parmesan cheese.
- Lower heat and stir until cheese is completely melted in and sauce thickens. In a large skillet, piece sausage in small chunks and cook thoroughly. Add onions, peppers, mushrooms and remaining garlic. When onions become clear, add remaining ingredients and saute for about 8 minutes or until everything is hot and cooked through.
- Remove sauce from heat and toss with cooked pasta noodles. Top pasta with skillet mixture, parmesan cheese, and hot red pepper flakes (to taste).