This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Chocolate Dipped Butter Mints with Cream Cheese are the perfect after dinner mint. Cool and chocolatey with a hint of refreshing mint and super easy to make!
Featured with this Recipe
These Butter Mints with Cream Cheese are gorgeous and delicious with flavors that remind me of the candy Junior Mints. Perfect on any dessert table, they’re also ideal to serve at graduation parties and make delightful baby shower mints or wedding mints. The best part of this cream cheese mint recipe is how easy it is! I like to make a huge batch of these and store them in the freezer for special occasions or when my sweet tooth strikes. It’s one of the easiest candy recipes you will ever make!
Ingredients in Butter Mints
This easy cream cheese mints recipe comes together with just five ingredients. Two of the main ingredients are right there in the name. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream cheese – use full fat cream cheese for this recipe to get the best consistency and flavor. Also, make sure to use softened cream cheese, best at room temperature before mixing.
- Butter– again, softened to room temperature is best. I like to use unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Powdered sugar (aka confectioners sugar) – two pounds, sifted so there are no lumps.
- Creme de menthe syrup – about two tablespoons or one teaspoon mint extract. Avoid using peppermint extract or essential oils, or you won’t get that delicate mint flavor.
- Chocolate chips for dipping – this is optional, but I love the dark chocolate flavor with the cool mint.
How to Prepare
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter and syrup. You can use a fork, the paddle attachment in the bowl of a stand mixer on low speed, or a hand mixer.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar until completely mixed in. The mixture will be really thick.
- This is totally optional, but you can add gel food coloring or a few drops of liquid food coloring to create beautiful pastel colors depending on what event you’re making them for.
- Add the mix into a piping bag and pipe small dollops of mint dough out on to a baking sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax-paper. You can also use candy molds or silicone molds. Arrange them in single layers.
- Melt chocolate chips and dip each mint in the chocolate and return to a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate to firm up, and store them in the refrigerator.
Easy and Versatile Treats
These are so incredibly easy to make and only have five ingredients! Also, they are just yummy. My daughter is addicted to these, she keeps sneaking to the fridge and grabbing one out at a time. These mints are delicious anytime of year. They are perfect for weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, etc. They make a great gift as well, and if you want, you can use food coloring like red and green at Christmas time to make them look more festive and a fun gift for neighbors, or pink or blue for baby showers, etc.
These cream cheese mints are great for holiday parties and potlucks too. Mints just go great with everything. I’ve made a similar tasting butter mint that has to be pulled when it is hot and it is a long, laborious process. Not these! These mints are much less work and are every bit as good with or without the chocolate dip.
Frequently Asked Questions
About two to three weeks if kept in the refrigerator. Keep them in the freezer for up to two months.
For this kind, yes! This is because of the cream cheese. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
These cream cheese butter mints are made of cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and
creme de menthe syrup or mint extract.
Read Next: Christmas Dessert Ideas
More Holiday Sweets
Just thinking of these mints makes me want to delve into even more candy making. If you’re like me, here are some more great recipes, perfect for your sweet tooth at the holidays or any time of year.
- Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Easy Fudge Recipes
- Chocolate Cherry Mice
- Muddy Buddies
- Mom’s Traditional Christmas Caramels
- Peanut Clusters
- Hot Cocoa Mix
How to Make Cream Cheese Butter Mints
Cream Cheese Butter Mints
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, and syrup.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar until completely mixed in. Mixture will be really thick.
- Add the mix into a piping bag and pipe small dollops out on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate to firm up.
- Add a little food coloring to match the colors for a special event.
- Optional: once firm, dip one side in a bowl of melted chocolate chips, then return to cookie sheet.
- Keep in fridge, serve chilled.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.