If you are a chocolate orange kind of person, you are going to go crazy over these Chocolate Orange Cookies. Even if you don’t like chocolate oranges you need to try these. They might change your mind, they changed mine!
Chocolate Orange Cookies
I will be completely honest here, I am not a fan of orange in my baked goods, whether its orange rolls, orange sweet rolls, orange pastries, etc. I’m not even the biggest fan of chocolate oranges. But I went out on a limb here and created these chocolate orange cookies because for some reason they seemed like they would be a tasty combination. Let’s just say, I might be converted to the chocolate-orange thing after these cookies. They were seriously to die for! The chocolate and orange combined with a fudgy cookie base with chunks of chocolate orange made these chocolate orange cookies out-of-this-world good.
Creating New Christmas Traditions
If you want to “wow” people this year with a new, different Christmas cookie, the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ cookie recipe is the one for you. It’s the only cookie recipe you’ll ever need. SUPER easy and will definitely “wow” your friends and neighbors. Just make the Country Crock® base cookie recipe and stir in a few easy mix-ins. BOOM. Double Chocolate Orange Cookies.
Coming up with these fun mix-in ideas for this delicious Country Crock® Make It Yours™ base cookie recipe has reminded me of getting together with friends during the holidays for a Cookie Exchange Party. It is so fun coming up with creative cookie ideas — especially when you can share your ideas and cookie creations with friends and family. I love getting new ideas for my own baking and I especially love sampling the cookies! It’s relatively easy to throw a party together. The benefits of saving time on baking and having so many cookies to deliver to friends, neighbors, and co-workers after the party is totally worth the effort.
*This recipe is sponsored by Country Crock, but all opinions are my own.
More Amazing Cookie Recipes
If you love the idea of hosting a cookie party, or are just wanting to mix things up in the kitchen, here are some delicious cookies to try.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- The Best Christmas Cookies Ever (and How to Decorate Them)
- Homemade Oreo Cookies
- Gingerbread Man Cookies
- Elf Cookies
- Cherry Vanilla Cookies
How To Make Chocolate Orange Cookies
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 chocolate orange chopped (milk or dark depending on preference... I used dark but I love dark chocolate)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1-2 tsp. orange zest.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla into a large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda, and cocoa powder until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
- Add chopped chocolate orange, mini chocolate chips, and orange zest. Mix until well combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen.