These Coconut Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies are just as good as any cookie made with butter or shortening.. but they are much better for you!
Have you ever baked with coconut oil before? I haven’t until now. I have used coconut oil in cooking quite a bit.. but not baking. For some reason I was afraid that whatever I would be baking would come out flat or taste weird. I was SO wrong. These coconut butterscotch chocolate chip cookies are just as good as any cookie made with butter or shortening.. but they are better for you! I am definitely going to start experimenting with coconut oil more now (because I bought that HUGE tub of coconut oil from Costco and I need to start using more of it)! So back to my original question… have you baked with coconut oil? If so, what has been successful? Have you had any difficulty with any baked items? Do share!
- (makes appx. 3 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, use a mixer to beat coconut oil and brown sugar. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a whisk. Mix the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture a little bit at a time with a wooden spoon until flour is well mixed. Add in the chocolate, butterscotch chips and coconut and mix well.
- Drop by the spoonful into the baking sheets. Bake 8 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges. Try not to overbake!