Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole combines all the flavors of the big meal in a simple, easy to make, never dried out dish. This is the best way to use up those leftovers!
Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole came about a couple of holidays ago when I was staring down a fridge full of plastic containers. Heating up leftovers separately in the microwave can take forever and frankly, I just didn’t have it in me. So I created this casserole and our leftovers have never been the same! This Thanksgiving Dinner Leftover recipe is so easy. It all cooks at the same time and can easily be modified according to how much of each leftover you have. If you have a ton of leftovers, you can double this recipe and cook it in a 9×13 pan. You can also adapt the ingredients you use in the casserole to fit your preferences, tastes, and what you have left over in the fridge from Thanksgiving Dinner.
Cost Saving Casserole
I like using my leftovers from Thanksgiving in a casserole because it will feed my family for another meal or two. Serve it with some leftover rolls and it is a hot meal with all of the wonderful tastes of Thanksgiving all over again. It is delicious and economical! I hate to see any of the dishes I make for Thanksgiving to go to waste. It takes a lot of time, energy, and money to put on a Thanksgiving dinner and throwing any of it out is not an option at my house!
Another Way to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
If you still have leftovers after making this casserole, here’s another delicious idea for leftovers that my family loves. We call them Pilgrim Sandwiches or “Bobbies” because that is what they are called at Capriotti’s – one of our favorite sandwich shops. The ingredients are used straight from the fridge, so the sandwich is cold. If you prefer to heat the ingredients or broil the sandwich, that is good too. See the recipe here.
More Thanksgiving Recipes
Your Leftover Thanksgiving Casserole and the Pilgrim Sandwiches are only as good as the ingredients that go into them. So try a few of our favorite Thanksgiving recipes and build your leftovers from them. You will never look at leftovers the same again!
- Cranberry Sausage Stuffing – This is our favorite stuffing recipe EVER. The cranberries add a pop of sweetness that you’ll love.
- How to Cook a Turkey – A step by step guide to follow for a perfect, fool-proof turkey.
- Mom’s Famous Turkey Gravy
- Best Dinner Rolls from Scratch
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- Best Recipes for Thanksgiving Dinner – Everything all in one place!
- Low Calorie Thanksgiving Dinner
How to Make Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Combine turkey and cranberry sauce and spread evenly on the bottom of an 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Evenly press on leftover mashed potatoes and sprinkle corn over the top.
- Mix together milk and leftover gravy and spread evenly over potatoes and corn. Sprinkle on leftover stuffing and lightly drizzle chicken broth over the top (this will keep the stuffing from drying out).
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 400-degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.