Doritos Dip is a cool mild dip that is loaded with avocados, tomatoes, corn, and cottage cheese. It is the perfect flavorful dip to compliment nacho cheese Doritos!
This is a dip FOR Doritos, not made FROM Doritos — just to clear up any confusion! Although if someone came up with a dip made of Doritos, I’d probably eat that too! Anyway, back to the recipe – I know it sounds weird but hear me out – our family has always loved dipping Doritos in cottage cheese. I know we aren’t the only ones – one of our commenters said that her family always mixes cottage cheese in with guacamole! I know to some this may sound ridiculous but it is DELICIOUS. So, last year, when some friends at work threw me a baby shower and one of the girls brought this dip, my first thought was, “Why didn’t I think of this?!” It was genius! If you like dipping Doritos in cottage cheese, you are going to LOVE this! If you like a little spice in your dip, you can add some chili powder or Tabasco sauce to taste!
What Type of Doritos to Dip
This dip works great with any kind of Doritos but our favorite type to dip is the Nacho Cheesier Doritos or Spicy Nacho Doritos. It also goes well with the Cool Ranch Doritos and the Salsa Verde Doritos. If you’re reeeeally not a Doritos person you can use regular tortilla chips. You could probably try it with celery or snap peas, but only if you’re really trying to be healthy.
Other Dips You’ll Love
I don’t know about you, but I love dips! If there is a chip or a carrot stick in sight, I am dipping it! I mean, what is celery besides a vehicle for peanut butter?? Anyway, here are some other dips (and suggestions on what to dip in them) that I love and I am sure you will too:
- 5-Minute Dill Pickle Dip – for potato chips or pretzels
- Easy Spinach Dip – for crackers, cucumbers, or tortilla chips
- Easy Creamy Corn Dip – for tortilla chips
- Beau’s Clam Dip – for potato chips
- Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip – for crackers
- Game Day Buffalo Chicken Dip – for celery or tortilla chips
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip – for bread, crackers, or tortilla chips
- Cowboy Caviar – for tortilla chips
How to Make Doritos Dip
- Spoon cottage cheese into a medium-sized bowl.
- Fold in remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Serve with Doritos ( I like it best with "Nacho Cheesier Doritos").