This lemon pesto rice makes the most amazing side dish to just about any meal. It has a delicious pesto flavor with a kick of lemon.
Lemon Pesto Rice
Rice is a great accompaniment to so many different meals. But sometimes you want to mix up the flavor of regular white rice. Enter this delicious Lemon Pesto Rice.
Secrets to Success
Lemon Pesto Rice is especially good made with our recipe for Fresh Basil Pesto. This rice is far better than anything you can make from a box. I have tried different methods in my rice cooker, but cooking it over the stove is so much better. The secret is the browning of the rice in oil before you add the broth. This is the same method that we use for our yummy Mexican Rice Recipe.
This rice is slightly on the dry side, like in restaurants (which is exactly how I like it). It doesn’t turn out wet, clumpy and sticky like some homemade rice recipes can be. The rice really absorbs the flavors yet has the perfect consistency. Just be sure to always add the pesto last, after the rice has been cooked and fluffed. Cooked pesto turns brown and isn’t nearly as appetizing looking.
Serve It on the Side
Lemon Pesto Rice goes great with all kinds of meals. Check out a few of these great options.
- Herb Crusted Salmon always turns out amazing. Flaky fish, tasty herbs, drizzled in delicious sauce.
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts work great alongside the flavor of Lemon Pesto Rice — or any other side dish. They’re so easy to make and they turn out tender, juicy and perfectly seasoned.
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Halibut is a wonderful way to add more fish to your diet, without adding too much fishy flavor.
- Baked Cod in Cream Sauce turns out perfectly flaky and delicious, but it is the cream sauce that puts it over the top.
- Baked Salmon with Lemon is a light, refreshing, healthy meal that you will love.
How To Make Lemon Pesto Rice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and gently stir until rice begins to lightly brown.
- Add the garlic and salt and stir the rice til it looks golden.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice and turn the heat up to medium high.
- Bring the mix to a boil then turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork then stir in the pesto.
- Serves 4.