The combination of flavors in this Pesto Chicken with crispy bacon and roasted red peppers will leave everyone thinking you spent way more time on making it than you actually did!
Pesto Chicken with Bacon & Roasted Red Peppers
They say necessity is the mother of invention. Well, in this case it might not have been necessity in the truest sense of the word — but a need certainly led to this invention. And I’m so glad it did.
I was planning to make our stuffed pork tenderloin one night when I realized I had forgotten to pick up the key ingredient — the tenderloin. Please tell me I’m not the only person who has ever done this! Fortunately, I had some chicken on hand, so I decided to improvise. It worked out so well. Way better than I expected, and it was SO easy! It makes me wonder what else I could create the next time I forget to purchase the key ingredient. Not that I am going to do that on purpose… Let us know in the comments if you’ve ever invented an amazing recipe out of necessity.
Loads of color and flavor
There is something so appealing about sitting down to a meal that is colorful and aesthetically pleasing on your plate. Nutrition experts often comment on the need for a colorful plate in order to ensure you are getting a variety of nutrients in your diet. Well, this recipe does fits the bill. This pesto chicken is the perfect, quick summer dish. It has a bright flavor and the combination of the different flavors will leave everyone thinking you spent way more time on making it than you actually did! We served it with roasted potatoes and asparagus but it would go well with just about any side dish, like our oven roasted green beans or these oven roasted vegetables.
More Pesto Recipes
If you enjoy the flavor of pesto, you definitely want to give these recipes a try.
- Stuffed Pesto Chicken turns an average chicken breast into a gourmet meal.
- Grilled Pesto Pizzas are smothered in pesto sauce and sprinkled with feta cheese and fresh tomatoes.
- Pesto Potatoes are the perfect side dish, coated in pesto and roasted or grilled.
- Lemon Pesto Rice combines the delicious flavor or pesto with a kick of lemon.
How To Make Pesto Chicken with Bacon & Roasted Red Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts until they are about 1/2" thick.
- Using a small spatula, spread cream cheese evenly over each piece of chicken.
- Top with red peppers and bacon. Sprinkle dried pesto and feta evenly over each chicken breast and sprinkle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for appx 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Conventional Oven