Pineapple Fried Rice is an easy and delicious dish that your whole family will love! I like this recipe better than almost any takeout.
Pineapple Fried Rice
I know pineapple can be a controversial ingredient (where are my pineapple pizza fans at??), but trust me, you are going to love it in this fried rice. Fried rice is a very savory and salty dish and I just love the little bursts of sweet and tart pineapple flavor to balance everything out. I find when I am cooking or eating at a restaurant, the best dishes have a little taste of everything – sweet, savory or umami, salty, bitter, and sour.
- Start by cooking your rice. I like to cook the rice in my rice cooker and get everything else ready while it is in there.
- Next, heat your oil and saute the onions and garlic. The onions should be tender and translucent and the garlic should be slightly browned.
- After the onions and garlic are cooked, add the peas and carrots, and pineapple. If your peas and carrots are frozen they might pop in the hot oil, so be careful when adding them. Cook until the veggies are tender and heated through.
- Next, add in the beaten eggs. I like to make a hole in the middle of the pan by pushing all the veggies to the side and then pouring the eggs into the middle. That way it doesn’t coat everything in egg.
- After the eggs are cooked, add in your rice and soy sauce. Add the soy sauce a little bit at a time, making sure to taste it so you don’t make it too salty. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Pineapple Fried Rice
When we make Asian food we love to put out a big spread with lots of options. Try some of our other favorite Asian-inspired dishes!
- Crock Pot General Tso’s Chicken
- Pork and Veggie Potstickers
- Copycat Panda Express Mushroom Chicken
- Copycat Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Copycat P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef
How to Make Pineapple Fried Rice
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat vegetable or sesame oil in a wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions to the hot oil and stir until clear and light brown.
- Stir in garlic and cook until slightly browned.
- Add veggies and pineapple and cook until veggies are tender.
- Stir in beaten eggs. Cook until eggs are scrambled and firm.
- When rice is done, add to skillet and mix in thoroughly. Stir in soy sauce, a little at a time. (you can always add more so don't overdo it).
- Serve immediately.