I love this chicken pizza, we used to order a pizza like this at a local place when we lived in California. When we moved we had to make our own version and it is every bit as good!
I like to use our pizza dough recipe (here)
BBQ Cilantro Chicken Pizza
- Prepared pizza dough (uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 medium can tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. basil
- 2 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (whatever your favorite kind is)
- about a handful of fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 cups of mixed cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 2 chicken breasts grilled in BBQ Sauce, then sliced
- 1 can pineapple tidbits - drained
- For the Sauce: Brown garlic in a little olive oil in the bottom of a sauce pan. Add everything else, except the BBQ sauce, and simmer for 20 minutes. Then remove from heat and stir in the BBQ sauce.
- Roll your pizza dough onto a pizza pan or pizza stone. Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza dough. Then top with cheese and pineapple. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 18 min. After cooking, top with grilled chicken slices and fresh chopped cilantro.
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012