You are going to love these Grilled Pork Loin and Apple Burgers! The pork and apple flavors go so well together — out of the ballpark good!
Grilled Pork Loin and Apple Burgers
These Grilled Pork Loin and Apple Burgers are delicious! My husband came up with this idea on his own and it is genius. I have to admit, he has some pretty awesome food ideas sometimes. He knows a lot about pairing flavors, and these flavors together were a serious home run!
The Secret’s in the Sauce
The pork loin is marinated in a sweet dijon sauce and grilled, the apples are grilled and basted in honey and cinnamon, and the pretzel buns are lightly toasted in the oven with a slice of cheddar. We had some friends over and we tried a couple different sauces with these. We couldn’t decide on a favorite so I am including both so you can decide which you like best!
You can make these as a regular size burger with burger pretzel buns or make them as sliders with pretzel rolls. The sliders would make an awesome game day appetizer!
More Favorite Sandwiches
We love sandwiches – especially sandwiches with unique ingredients that give a boost of flavor. Here are some more of our favorites:
- Corned Beef Sandwiches – This is a really tasty Irish sandwich, especially when made with our Homemade Russian dressing! Just one bite and your luck will change for the better!
- The Bleubird’s Turkey and Brie Sandwich – Our Bleubird’s Turkey and Brie Sandwich Copycat is the best sandwich ever. It’s unique flavors are so good, like deli turkey, crisp apples, and Brie cheese.
- Pilgrim Sandwiches – My favorite thing ever to make with Thanksgiving leftovers. It has the best parts of Thanksgiving dinner like turkey, rolls, and cranberry sauce.
- Vietnamese Pork Bahn Mi Sandwiches – Maybe the best sandwich I have ever had (and I don’t say that lightly, I am totally a sandwich lover and have tried all kinds of sandwiches).
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Spicy Aioli Mayo – The layers on this chicken sandwich are HEAVENLY. You’ve got your grilled chicken, your gooey cheese, crispy bacon, smooth avocado, juicy tomatoes, and crisp lettuce between two soft ciabatta buns and slathered with a tangy aioli mayo. Seriously, what’s NOT to love here?
- Turkey Over Italy Sandwich on Foccacia Bread – This recipe comes from my favorite deli in Boise, Deli George. It has deli turkey, provolone cheese, pepperoncinis, vinegar drenched lettuce, and pesto mayo on a homemade rosemary focaccia bread. I can’t even begin to describe how good this sandwich is, you just have to try it for yourself.
- Click HERE for more amazing sandwich recipes! We have lots to choose from!
How to Make Grilled Pork Loin and Apple Burgers
- 6 pretzel buns or rolls
- 6 slices cheddar or smoked gouda
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin sliced
- 1 cup chipotle sauce HERE
- honey mustard sauce HERE
Pork Loin Marinade:
- Mix up the ingredients for the pork loin marinade at least 3 hours before cooking, the longer the better! Place the pork loin in a large plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top. Seal the bag and make sure the pork has the marinade evenly distributed all over it. Refrigerate.
- Let the pork sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Turn your grill onto high heat. Remove the pork loin from the bag and place on the grill, discard the excess marinade.
- Cook for 7 minutes on the first side with the grill lid down, then flip and grill 6 more minutes with the lid down. Do not open the grill, but turn the grill off and let the pork sit for 5 more minutes before removing. Slice the pork loin to desired thickness.
- Core out the center of the apples, then cut into "doughnut like" slices. Brush with butter then grill on low for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Warm the honey and stir in a little cinnamon, then brush all over the apples.
- Open the pretzel buns (or cut the rolls) and place on a cookie sheet with the centers facing up. Place a slice of cheese on the bottom slice. Cook under the broiler in the oven just until the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from oven and top the bottom slice with the pork and apples. Spread your favorite sauce on the top half of the bun and sandwich them together.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill