This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Mushroom Swiss Roast Beef Sliders make the perfect appetizer! Tender beef with a tangy blue cheese horseradish sauce, these are to die for!
Featured with this recipe
- Mushroom Swiss Roast Beef Sliders Ingredients
- Homemade Horseradish Sauce
- How to Make Easy Roast Beef Sliders
- How to Serve this Easy Appetizer
- Tips and Modifications for the Best Roast Beef Sliders
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Storing Leftover Roast Beef Sliders
- More Meaty Appetizers
- Mushroom Swiss Roast Beef Sliders Recipe
These mushroom swiss roast beef sliders are similar to french dips! Mini sandwiches, layered with deliciousness, and encompassed in a sweet roll make these sliders so fun to make! Sliders are ideal for your next game day party, family buffet, or even random weeknight dinner! An easy way to feed a crowd!
Sliders as a meal are quick and easy with the perfect proportions for each person! Kids love them and how cute and mini they are. Adults are a fan since they are hand-held and easy to eat with all the flavor. Roast beef sliders are topped with bubbly swiss cheese and a tangy blue cheese horseradish sauce. It is the perfect combination!
Mushroom Swiss Roast Beef Sliders Ingredients
Layer these delicious roast beef sliders with all the traditional ingredients. Most of these ingredients are pantry staples or easy to find at a grocery store. All combined makes for the perfect sliders yet!
- Rolls – Hawaiian sweet rolls are easy to use and work perfectly for this recipe. Instead of individually separating the rolls from the package, slice the rolls horizontally throughout the middle so it looks like two flat slabs of rolls are still combined.
- Mushrooms – sliced in a can is easy to add to the top of the layers.
- Roast beef – Use deli roast beef sliced thin to layer on top of the slider buns. Leftover roast beef from your Sunday dinner will work too!
- Swiss cheese – Melty cheese takes these sliders to the next level.
- Butter – The buttery sauce drizzled over the top of these sliders adds a savory, tangy element to the appetizer. Melt butter before brushing it on.
- Garlic – Minced garlic adds that savory feel and boosts the roast beef flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce – This is a salty, sweet, savory, and a little bit of spicy all wrapped in one liquid bottle. It is a MUST-have staple in your refrigerator!
- Onion powder – Add in an onion flavoring without having to chop up onions. It is a savory seasoning that adds a hint of spice.
Homemade Horseradish Sauce
Horseradish sauce is a strong and tangy flavored condiment that adds to this roast beef sliders recipe! While the sliders are baking combine sauce ingredients in a small sauce pot over low heat. Stir often until the cheese mixture is just melted.
- Crumbled blue cheese – Add in some texture with these blue cheese crumbles. They are always a hit and fun texture for your tastebuds to enjoy!
- Sour cream – Gives the sauce a creamy base with a tangy and sweet flavor.
- Mayonnaise – Also a creamy condiment that helps cool down the horseradish sauce mix.
- Green onion – Slice them thin and add them to the sauce. This gives color as well as adds to the heat.
- Horseradish – This is a paste that you can find in your local grocery store. This will help add that extra boost of flavor.
How to Make Easy Roast Beef Sliders
Quick and simple sliders are just what you need for your next get-together! These roast beef sliders are full of flavor but are so easy to make. Follow these steps and make the best roast beef sliders ever!
- Prepare baking dish – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut rolls –Take rolls out of the package but do not separate them! You want them to be all together. Slice them horizontally through the middle so you have 2 flat slabs. Place the “bottom” slab in the baking dish, set the “top” aside.
- Layering – Saute mushrooms in a medium-sized skillet and set aside. Layer roast beef, sautéed mushrooms, and cheese over the bottom layer. Place the top slab over the top.
- Mix together – Combine butter garlic, Worcestershire, and onion powder in a small bowl and mix well. Using a pastry brush, brush the butter mixture over the top of the sliders.
- Bake and serve – Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove sliders from the oven and serve with sauce on the side (each individual can put a little sauce on their slider).
How to Serve this Easy Appetizer
This appetizer is so fun to make and simple to do! It is quick and easy to layer. There are several ways to try this roast beef slider. Pick your favorite way or make them all and serve them at your next party!
- Classic – Serve these roast beef sliders plain, with the blue cheese horseradish sauce on the side as a dip.
- French dip style – Not sure about the horseradish sauce? Try dipping these little guys in au jus sauce! I like serving them with au jus sauce when I’m making them as a meal because it can be a bit messy for a “grab and go” appetizer.
- Arby’s style – You can add dried minced onion over the top for added flavor (it will taste like Arby’s onion buns. Speaking of Arby’s, these would be really good with our copycat Arby’s sauce!
- Add Bacon – If you want to take these to the next level, add some cooked bacon over the roast beef!
Tips and Modifications for the Best Roast Beef Sliders
Not everyone loves roast beef or the cheese combination! Make them your own by modifying or adding to your sliders with all the ingredients you love. Get carried away with these choices!
- Rolls – Not everyone is a fan of Hawaiian rolls since they are sweeter than other bread types. Try using our homemade rolls instead.
- Protein – Add more meat! Ham, turkey, and roast beef are all great meats that can be combined and stacked on top of each other or try different variations of sliders with different deli meats.
- Cheese – Make this with provolone or cheddar cheese. Whichever one is best for your combination of sliders.
“SO delicious! These are such a fun option when you have friends over – they were a real hit. Tasty!”-Alexandra
Frequently Asked Questions
These beef sliders are perfect just the way they are! If you are one that needs all the fixings, then add on BBQ sauce, honey mustard, tomatoes, or pickles for more flavor.
We used swiss cheese but another popular flavor is provolone. You can also use gouda, cheddar, Havarti, mozzarella cheese, or pepper jack cheese as other choices to substitute the swiss cheese.
Usually, two to three sliders per person work best. If you feel that you are going to need more add in side dishes or other appetizer ideas to help balance out the sliders per person.
The internal temperature of a beef slider should be 145 to 155 degrees Fahrenheit. The roast beef can be a little pink in the middle.
Storing Leftover Roast Beef Sliders
Place any leftover sliders in a sealed bag or airtight container. I like to wrap the leftovers in aluminum foil and then place in a container or bag. This helps keep the tops of the rolls from hardening. Store in the refrigerator for three to four days. When ready to reheat, place the sliders in the oven, air fryer, or microwave to warm up.
More Meaty Appetizers
From mini burgers to meatballs, there’s nothing more satisfying than a hearty appetizer! Enjoy and be fulfilled all at the same time. Try some of our favorite recipes below!
Mushroom Swiss Roast Beef Sliders
- 9×13 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Take rolls out of the package. Do not separate them! You want them to be all together. Slice them horizontally through the middle so you have 2 flat slabs.
- Place the “bottom” slab in the baking dish, set the “top” aside.
- Saute mushrooms in a medium-sized skillet and set aside.
- Layer roast beef, sautéed mushrooms, and cheese over the bottom layer. Place the top slab over the top.
- Combine butter garlic, Worcetershire, and onion powder in a small bowl and mix well. Using a pastry brush, brush butter mixture over the top of the sliders. Cover dish with tin foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- While sliders are baking combine sauce ingredients in a small sauce-pot over low heat. Stir often until cheese mixture until cheese is just melted (remove before bringing to a simmer).
- Remove sliders from oven and serve with sauce on the side (each individual can put a little sauce on their slider).
- Serve immediately.