Steak Salad with Blue Cheese and Avocados is always a favorite main dish salad. The tender steak over a bed of greens and tangy blue cheese is a winner!
This is a simple and delicious Steak Salad with Blue Cheese and Avocados for those nights you don’t feel like cooking a big meal. Best part, there is still some red meat for your kids and hubby so they can’t complain too much about having to eat salad for dinner! I like to make this when I have leftover steak from a previous meal.
You can really add whatever topping that you like, but I love the combination of steak and crumbled blue cheese! And what makes this really over the top is the addition of avocados, tomatoes, and peppers. It is a flavor packed salad that is so easy to throw together!
How to Make Steak Salad
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef sirloin steak
- 2 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 can olives sliced
- 2 avocados cut in large chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 c. blue cheese crumbled
- Your favorite Blue Cheese salad dressing
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Place steaks on grill and cook approximately 4 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness. (I like it cooked medium so it's not too dry.)
- Cool slightly then slice into thin strips.
- On chilled plates arrange spinach, tomatoes, olives, avocados and yellow peppers.
- Place steak strips over salad.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese
- Top with dressing.