This easy Cheesy Enchilada Casserole your whole family will love! My husband requests it all the time! Make it with leftover shredded chicken or beef.
I found this enchilada casserole recipe on a fabulous recipe blog called “Table For Two”. Everything on her blog that I have tried has been fantastic. I made this pasta casserole for my husband a few months ago and now he requests it ALL. THE. TIME. We have tried it with leftover shredded chicken and beef and it was just as amazing. Try it! You will love it! It is such an easy dish and definitely a family-pleaser!
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese divided
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- 12 oz. egg noodles
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, brown your ground beef in a large skillet and drain the fat. Add chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper to beef mixture.
- Add cream cheese and stir until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, enchilada sauce, half the cheddar cheese, half the monterey jack cheese, corn kernels, and diced green chiles. Stir to combine.
- Pour sour cream mixture over the beef and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta to the beef mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour pasta mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 9x13 inch pan