This easy Enchilada Casserole your whole family will love! My husband requests it all the time! Make it with leftover shredded chicken or beef.
I love enchiladas so much, but sometimes just thinking about making, filling, and rolling each enchilada can be daunting. I love how quick and easy it is to put a delicious meal on the table for my family. It is even easier if you use leftover shredded chicken or beef from other meals you make in the week. The best part is how quickly it can be put together – in 30 minutes.
Pre-shredded cheese or shred the cheese yourself?
Okay here me out on this – I am usually flexible with a lot of things in the kitchen. However, bagged shredded cheese is not one of them! Cheese that you shred yourself tastes SO MUCH BETTER. Bagged shredded cheese is coated in actual sawdust!! They do that to keep the cheese from sticking together, but it makes it taste and feel dusty! Shredding the cheese yourself will improve the taste and texture of your food so much!
To make this easier, it’s great idea to shred a large amount of cheese at a time and then freeze it. See our post on How to Freeze Cheese the Right Way.
Other Enchilada Recipes You Will Love
Like I said before, we love all things enchilada! If you love them too, check out some of our favorite variations on a classic!
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Thai Chicken Enchiladas
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- Spinach Enchiladas
Cheesy Enchilada Casserole
- 9×13 inch pan
- 1 pound ground beef (shredded chicken or roast beef can also be used)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded and divided
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded and divided
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 4 ounces green chiles diced
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, brown your ground beef in a large skillet and drain the fat. Add chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper to beef mixture.
- Add cream cheese and stir until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, enchilada sauce, half the cheddar cheese, half the monterey jack cheese, corn kernels, and diced green chiles. Stir to combine.
- Pour sour cream mixture over the beef and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta to the beef mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour pasta mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by the blog Table For Two. Everything on her blog that I have tried has been fantastic, and this is no exception!