This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Cuban Style Crockpot Pork Chops are savory with a slightly citrus twist. Slowly simmered, these tender pork chops make even an ordinary weeknight special!
Cuban Style Crockpot Pork Chops
Cuban Style Crockpot Pork Chops are your answer to “what’s for dinner”? If you’re scraping the bottom of the recipe barrel, try these tangy, tender chops in the slow cooker and serve with rice pilaf, noodles or mashed potatoes. We found a similar recipe on the Food Network years ago and adjusted it for the Crockpot. I love putting ingredients in the slow cooker right after lunch, then I don’t have to think about it again until dinner time. The aroma welcomes us all home and we can’t wait to gather around the table for a nourishing, hearty meal together.This is a fun twist on regular pork chops, but if you’re looking for a more classic recipe, you’ll love our Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops.
Suggestions for Crockpot Cuban Style Pork Chops
- Give yourself time in the morning or while prepping this meal to properly season and saute them in hot oil. This step gives the meat a gloriously flavored crust and keeps the chops super tender during the cooking process.
- Depending on the thickness of your pork chops, you’ll want to adjust the cooking time. Four one-inch chops will only take about two hours to cook in the crockpot.
- You can use boneless or bone-in pork chops for this recipe. The meat will fall off the bone easily after some time in the slow cooker. So if you have some chops you’re not sure what to do with, try them in this recipe!
- Remove the meat as soon as they’re done, as leaving pork chops in the Crockpot too long might dry them out.
- We love just pour the remaining broth over the pork chops right before serving. But if if you like more of a gravy with your meal, thicken the broth up with a little cornstarch slurry (a little cold water and cornstarch mixed together) and serve.
What to Serve with Cuban Style Crockpot Pork Chops
A simple garden salad and some mashed potatoes turn this into a well balanced dinner any night of the week. Or you can try a few of our favorite side dishes:
- Creamy Potatoes and Peas
- Best Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Easy Garden Vegetable Rice
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes
- How to Cook Rice for a Crowd (Easy Oven Method)
Crockpot Cuban Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Roma tomato chopped, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 avocado sliced, for garnish (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub with the dry spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
- Place the pork chops in the pan and sear on 1 side until brown. Flip over sear until brown.
- Remove chops and place in crockpot (slow cooker).
- Add onion and garlic to pan and saute for 1-2 minutes, add onion/garlic to crock pot with the pork. Combine orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, and chicken broth and pour over the pork in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook for 45 min – 1 hour on high heat or 2 hours on low heat. Check for doneness depending on the size of the chops. They may need more time in the crock pot if they are bigger pork chops. Don’t keep them in the crock pot too long or they will dry out.
- Pour remaining liquid over the chops when ready to eat. Garnish with the slow-cooked onions and tomatoes and/or avocado. Enjoy!