This Sweet Potato Fries Dip has a spicy kick that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the potatoes. A delicious snack or side to so many meals and it’s super easy to make!
Sweet Potato Fries Dip
Sweet Potato Fries with Chipotle Lime Dip are a really popular at one of my favorite local restaurants. The crisp, sweet fries come with all kinds of dipping sauces, but I love the combination of sweet potato with spicy Chipotle lime. With the combination of spices, it balances out the sweetness of the potatoes to perfection. And it’s actually pretty mild as far as hotness, just loaded with flavor. Of course you can make it as spicy as you like. Try these sweet potato fries and spicy chipotle dip next time you’re craving a burger and fries. So good!
Tips for Perfect Sweet Potato Fries
- You can deep fry your sweet potato fries, but for this recipe I actually prefer to bake them to keep them a little healthier..
- To make sure the fries turn out extra crispy, cut the sweet potatoes into long sticks that are even in size.
- Toss the potato sticks in vegetable oil in a large bag to get them coated evenly.
- You’ll want your oven nice and hot (at least 400 degrees) when you bake them.
- Make sure to toss the sweet potatoes around frequently so they don’t burn on one side.
- After they’re done to the crispness you like, sprinkle the fries with kosher salt.
Suggestions for Chipotle Lime Dip
This sweet potato fries dip is my absolute favorite! And it’s really easy to throw together!
- For extra heat, add a few shakes of cayenne pepper.
- You can sub out the fresh lime for a couple of tablespoons of lime juice from a bottle, but I think the fresh lime juice tastes better.
- Keep calories down by using light mayo or substitute all or part of the mayonnaise for light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
- Cover up any leftover dip and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
What to Serve with this Zesty Dip
These sweet potatoes fries are perfect to serve as a snack or as a side to many meals! Try them with some of these favorite recipes:
- Grilled Steaks
- Blue Cheese Burger with Bacon
- Grilled Pork Loin and Apple Burgers
- Homemade Veggie Burger
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate BLT Sandwich
How to Make Sweet Potato Fries Dip
- Mix up the chipotle lime dip at least an hour before serving so the spices have a chance to blend together: In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the sweet potatoes into long sticks and place in a large ziploc bag. Add just enough vegetable oil to lightly coat the potatoes, seal the bag and toss to distribute the oil evenly.
- Evenly layer the potatoes on to a cookie sheet. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, turning often until lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle on kosher salt, to taste.
- Serve with the chipotle lime dip.