Veggie Quesadillas are chock full of flavor, but low on calories. You can’t go wrong with corn, zucchini, black beans, and cheese. Delicious as a meal or a snack!
We first had these delicious veggie quesadillas at a visit to my in-laws’ house and we all fell in love! They’re so full of flavor and quite healthy! At under 400 calories a serving,you can feel good about serving them with a salad for dinner or as an after school snack. My kids are ravenous when they get home from school and these quesadillas fill them up on healthy veggies instead of packaged junk food. And since they’re made with normal, easy to find ingredients, we always have the stuff for these quesadillas on hand. Your kids will love them, and so will you!
Suggestions for Vegetarian Quesadillas
- We love using shredded zucchini, corn, black beans and cilantro for this recipe but you could switch up the ingredients however you like! You could add carrots, red or green peppers, onions, broccoli, black olives, tomatoes or just about anything you have on hand! This is a perfect recipe to get your kids to eat all sorts of veggies without even knowing it!
- This recipe is only 400 calories per serving. Of course you can add sour cream and salsa for just a few more calories, but they’re really tasty all by themselves.
- We love using Monterrey Jack cheese but you could add in cheddar, Pepper Jack, mozzarella or just about any kind of cheese you like.
- Pair this recipe with a big green salad for a healthy and filling meatless supper or make them for a nutritious after school snack.
- You can even make several quesadillas ahead of time and freeze them! If wrapped tightly in freezer safe bags or wrap, they’ll stay fresh in the freezer for up to two months. All you have to do is pull them out and heat them up in the microwave for a simple snack anytime.
Savory Snack Recipes
When you get the munchies, here are several good for you recipes to reach for instead of the potato chips bag:
- Avocado Quesadillas
- Veggie Pizza Squares
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Australian Sausage Rolls
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Mediterranean Flatbread Pizzas
How to Make Veggie Quesadillas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup grated zucchini juices squeezed out
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno or more if you like it hot
- 14 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 4 low-carb flour tortillas or whole wheat
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheese (and tortillas of course) in a large bowl.
- Place mixture in a large skillet and fry until hot.
- In the meantime, heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan.
- Add a few large scoops of the corn/bean mixture and a little cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over, then flip sides. When cheese is melted, cut in half and serve!