This version of KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese tastes just like the original, but with real cheese. It is rich and creamy, just the way kids like it.
- 1 pkg elbow macaroni
- 1/2 c. butter cut up into chunks so it melts easier
- 8 oz Velveeta cut into little cubes
- 2 c. cheddar cheese shredded -- get a block and shred it yourself. Trust me!
- 1/2 c. milk or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika optional.. I just use it for a little extra flavor and pretty color
- Cook macaroni according to package directions (al dente) in salted water. When macaroni is cooked, drain and return to pot on low heat. Immediately add butter. When butter is melted, add cheeses and milk. Keep stirring until cheese is melted. If it is too thick, add more milk.. if it's too thin, add more cheese. You want it to be the consistency of the Blue Box stuff. Add salt, pepper, and paprika (optional). Stir well and serve immediately.
- **If you save the leftovers, just refrigerate and when ready to eat--pop it in the microwave with a little milk, stirring every minute so it doesn't dry out.