This Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese tastes like the favorite blue boxed mac and cheese. But because it’s made with real cheese, it’s rich and creamy, and so delicious!
Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese
This Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese is cheesy, smooth and creamy, just like mac and cheese should be! I don’t know about y ou, but I am not a fan of mac and cheese that is dry and grainy, and it seems a lot of homemade recipes come out that way. This copycat KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese recipe is a simple, quick, cheesy, mac & cheese that your kids will actually eat… and like. Let’s be honest, kids like the “Blue Box” macaroni and cheese and this is a lot like it (consistency and taste), but better. It is rich and creamy, just the way it should be. This makes quite a lot so be prepared to share!
Suggestions for Creamy Mac & Cheese
- When preparing the sauce, cut butter into chunks so it melts better and more evenly.
- Same goes for the Velveeta. Cut it into cubes so it’ll melt evenly.
- Use a block of cheese to shred. Do not use pre-shredded cheese. Trust me, taking the extra few minutes to shred your own cheese is worth it! Pre-shredded cheese tends to have a waxy coating to keep it separated and it just doesn’t melt as well.
- If possible, use whole milk in this recipe. It’ll add a creamier texture to the sauce. So good!
- To re-heat leftovers add a tiny bit of milk before microwaving. Then stir every thirty seconds until it’s heated evenly all the way through.
What to Serve with Macaroni and Cheese
You can serve this creamy mac and cheese as a side dish to Sirloin Steaks, Baby Back Pork Ribs, or this Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken. Or add a few of these delicious side dish recipes and make the macaroni and cheese the main dish!
- Best Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Coleslaw with Roasted Red Pepper
- How to Cook Frozen Peas the Right Way
- Nuts About Berries Salad
How to Make Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pkg elbow macaroni
- 1/2 c. butter cut up into chunks so it melts easier
- 8 oz Velveeta cut into little cubes
- 2 c. cheddar cheese shredded — get a block and shred it yourself. Trust me!
- 1/2 c. milk or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- paprika optional.. I just use it for a little extra flavor and pretty color
- Cook macaroni according to package directions (al dente) in salted water. When macaroni is cooked, drain and return to pot on low heat. Immediately add butter. When butter is melted, add cheeses and milk. Keep stirring until cheese is melted. If it is too thick, add more milk.. if it’s too thin, add more cheese. You want it to be the consistency of the Blue Box stuff. Add salt, pepper, and paprika (optional). Stir well and serve immediately.
- **If you save the leftovers, just refrigerate and when ready to eat–pop it in the microwave with a little milk, stirring every minute so it doesn’t dry out.