Maple Butter Blondies have a crisp, flaky top and a gooey center. It is like a buttery brownie! Topped with butter pecan ice cream and Maple Butter Sauce.
If you are looking for a dessert that will impress any guest, you have to try our Applebee’s Maple Butter Blondies Copycat recipe. I am not joking, this is the best dessert I have ever had. It is just as good, if not better, than the dessert at Applebee’s. This dessert is so buttery, rich, and positively sinful. My whole family was raving about these blondies, especially the maple butter sauce.
If you are wondering what a “blondie” is, let me tell you. A blondie is similar to a chocolate brownie, but it is made with brown sugar, butter, and vanilla giving it a butterscotch flavor. It gets the name “blondie” because it is a blonde brownie, not a brown brownie. The consistency of a blondie is just like a brownie. It is rich, dense, and chewy. Blondies can be made with or without nuts, and with or without butterscotch chips. The butterscotch chips do give it that extra buttery sweet flavor.
This dessert is so over-the-top good because it pairs a blondie with vanilla ice cream and a warm maple butter sauce. It is a blondie version of a brownie hot fudge sundae. You can find brownie hot fudge sundaes on the dessert menu at many restaurants, but only Applebee’s offers the Maple Butter Blondie.
The best part about Maple Butter Blondies is they are so easy to make! The prep time is less than 5 minutes and then you can make the sauce while the blondies are in the oven. It is very important to make sure that the blondies cool all the way before you cut them. It is hard to wait because they smell so good coming out of the oven, but trust me, it is worth it. The sauce can be stored in the fridge, but make sure you heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving. The blondies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter, or covered with plastic wrap.
How to make an Applebee’s Maple Butter Blondie at home
For the Blondies
For the Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Mix until smooth.
- Add egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir until blended.
- Mix in flour until combined.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Spread the batter into the baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
For the Maple Butter Sauce
- In a medium sauce pan, mix butter, sugar, cream cheese, maple syrup and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat and stir until smooth. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the blondies are cooked and cooled completely, cut blondies into squares and serve with butter pecan ice cream and drizzle sauce over the top.
More Butterscotch Recipes
If you like the flavor of butterscotch in your desserts and drinks, check out these delicious recipes.
- Butterscotch Pie – This pie has a creamy butterscotch filling, is drizzled with butterscotch topping, and is sprinkled with butterscotch chips. It’s basically a butterscotch lovers dream!
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies – Butterscotch and oatmeal go so great together! These cookies are slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
- Butterbeer – Butterbeer was the invention of J.K. Rowling in the Harry Potter series. It was the drink of choice for the Hogwarts students at the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade. It has a light butterscotch flavor with a whipped cream butterscotch topping.
- Seven Layer Cookie Bars – This is an extremely easy recipe that produces a chewy cookie bar loaded with chocolate and butterscotch.
- Butterscotch Caramel Dipping Sauce – This dipping sauce is especially good with our beignets recipe. It can also be used as a topping for ice cream.