Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Bites are full of protein, naturally sweetened and take less than 15 minutes to make! A terrifically tasty and healthy snack.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Bites
These tasty PB & J Energy Bites are a delicious way to get a boost of energy during the day. Energy bites are just that: a small snack that gives you a boost of energy. They are full of protein and naturally sweetened, so you can feel good about popping a few during your mid-afternoon slump. Throw a couple of these in your purse or gym bag and you have a great little snack on-the-go! They also make a good breakfast if you are short on time; just grab a few and eat them in the car on the way to work or school. If you are looking for a quick after school snack, this is it! This no-bake snack can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes!
Suggestions for Energy Bites
- These PB&J Energy Bites are about 75 calories per bite. That may seem like a lot, but think of it this way, it is the same size as a chocolate truffle, BUT it satisfies your sweet tooth AND it has WAY less sugar and WAY more protein! It will actually give you an extra burst of sustainable energy, rather than a sugar high and then a sugar crash which will slow you down – and for about the same calories!
- This recipe makes about 25 bites. You can freeze them ahead of time and then pull them out when you are ready to snack!
- Echo brought this recipe back from her trip to Smucker’s last fall. For more creative recipes from Smucker’s, visit their recipe page here.
- Add in dark chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, peanut butter chips, coconut or raisins for alternative flavors. These little bites are easily changed to suit your tastes.
More Energy Filled Snacks
Still feeling snacky? We have you covered for all those pesky hunger pangs. Try a few of our very favorite hunger buster recipes. Happy snacking!
- Almond Joy Chex Mix
- Graham Cracker Cookies with Coconut
- Ham Roll Ups with Pickles
- Game Night Chex Mix
- Protein Packed Chocolate Truffles
- Dipped Caramel Pretzel Bites
How to Make PB&J Energy Bites
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper.
- Cover and freeze until set.
- Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.