These Peanut Butter and Jelly Energy Bites take less than 15 minutes to make and are a great healthy snack! Full of protein and naturally sweetened.
These PB&J Energy Bites take less than 15 minutes to make and they are the perfect healthy snack! They are full of protein and naturally sweetened, so you can feel good about popping a few during your mid-afternoon slump. Throw a couple of these in your purse or gym bag and you have a great little snack on-the-go! They also make a good breakfast if you are short on time – just grab a few and eat them in the car on the way to work or school (that’s what I will be doing this week!).
These PB&J Energy Bites are about 80 calories per bite, but think of it this way – it is the same size as a chocolate truffle, BUT it satisfies your sweet tooth AND it has WAY less sugar and WAY more protein! It will actually give you an extra burst of sustainable energy, rather than a sugar high and then a sugar crash which will slow you down – and for about the same calories! This recipe makes about 25 bites. You can freeze them ahead of time and then pull them out when you are ready to snack! My Mom brought this recipe back from her trip to Smucker’s last fall. For more creative recipes from Smucker’s, visit their recipe page here.
- 1/2 cup Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper.
- Cover and freeze until set.
- Store at room temperature in an air-tight container.