Baked Sweet Potato Halves are a fun, unique way to have your Thanksgiving sweet potatoes. They have a brown sugar coconut pecan crust and are topped with a cinnamon marshmallow cream!
Baked Sweet Potato Halves
I have been wanting to make these Baked Sweet Potato Halves for a while now. I make our Baked Potato Halves all the time and I love sweet potatoes, so why not do a sweet potato version? What I found with actually putting the idea into reality was that I had to adjust the process of how it is done. Unfortunately sweet potatoes don’t hold the topping the same way potatoes do. So the solution was starting out the same way, baking the potatoes face down in the topping, then flipping them part way through the baking process. Not too much more work, and totally worth it!
It’s All About the Toppings
What makes these sweet potatoes over the top delicious is the cinnamon marshmallow cream topping! Also, we ate these out of the skin like a boat, we aren’t crazy about the skin on sweet potatoes.
So Many Ways To Use Sweet Potatoes
Sure, sweet potatoes make a prominent appearance at the Thanksgiving Day table, all dressed up with marshmallow or brown sugar topping. But sweet potatoes don’t have to be reserved just for the big Turkey Day. There are a lot of ways to incorporate sweet potatoes into your meal plan. They’re as versatile as their cousin, the potato.
- The BEST Sweet Potato Casserole with Coconut Pecan Topping will have your guests reaching for more and more this Thanksgiving. Try this creamy, crunchy, toasty, divine topping and you may never go back to topping sweet potatoes with marshmallows again.
- Rocky Road Scalloped Sweet Potato Recipe are the dessert or side dish you’ve been waiting for. Thinly sliced sweet potatoes coated in brown sugar, baked with chocolate chips, roasted almonds and toasty marshmallows, people will be clamoring for more.
- Sweet Potatoes Fries Dip adds a spicy kick that pairs perfectly with the sweet, mild flavor of sweet potato fries. It’s super easy to make!
How To Make Baked Sweet Potato Halves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour into a cookie sheet and spread evenly across the bottom. Generously sprinkle coconut, pecans, and brown sugar all over the butter. Place sweet potato halves face down on the butter and toppings.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, the topping should look nice and toasted. Flip sweet potatoes over and generously spoon the topping on top of the sweet potatoes. Bake 15 to 20 more minutes, until sweet potatoes are nice and soft.
For the Cinnamon Marshmallow Cream Topping:
- Blend all ingredients together well with a hand mixer. Refrigerate until serving. Spoon onto baked sweet potato halves just before eating.
- Conventional Oven
- Cookie Sheet Pan