This crock-pot breakfast casserole is the best for when you have overnight company. You can whip it up the night before and throw it in the crock pot… you will wake up to amazing smells and you don’t have to wake up at 5am to get it ready! It is always a big hit with guests. Keep in mind, if your crockpot cooks hot or if you have an oval one (like the one pictured) it may take only 6 hours on low.. so you might have to stay up late before starting the crockpot. BUT if you are like ME– it is easier to stay up late and visit with company than it is to wake up early and make breakfast for them! (Serves about 6)
- 12-15 breakfast sausage links
- 12 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. (2 lbs) potatoes o'brien (hash browns with diced onions and peppers)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown sausage links in skillet until cooked through and cut into pieces--set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs together with milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in cut up sausage, potatoes o'brien, tomato, and cheese.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray and pour egg mixture in.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours (the oval crock pots like the one shown may cook faster than the typical round crock pots.. try to aim for the 6-hour mark if using one like this)
- Optional: Top with sour cream, salsa, or if you are like my Dad.. ketchup. :)