This Chicken Cordon Bleu Sauce is incredible! It is so creamy and the flavor is to die for. I could eat the sauce alone with a spoon and be completely happy.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Sauce
A Chicken Cordon Bleu without a delicious, creamy sauce is like a a French fry without ketchup. It just ain’t right. This sauce is the perfect complement to homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu or significantly enhances flavor and elegance to store bought Chicken Cordon Bleu. It is rich and creamy, just as a good chicken sauce or gravy should be!
What To Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu Sauce
There are many delicious chicken dishes that are made even better with this sauce. Here are some of our favorites:
- Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Easy Chicken Crescent Roll Ups
- Oven Fried Chicken
Tips For Making The Sauce
- To reduce mess, make your chicken cordon bleu in a skillet and then make the sauce in the same skillet.
- If you are baking or roasting your chicken cordon bleu, the sauce can easily be made in a saucepan on the stove.
- Add a bit of basil or some paprika to add another dimension to your sauce
How To Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Sauce
- Whisk cornstarch and heavy whipping cream together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring butter, broth and bouillon to a simmer in a medium-sized pot and reduce for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch and whipping cream mixture and continue to cook until the sauce until thickens.
- When sauce is heated through and thickened, add pepper and basil.
- Serve over Chicken Cordon Bleu.