This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Roast Turkey Breast with Lemon Rosemary Gravy is a lean, healthy option that is full of delicious flavor. The lemon rosemary gravy perfectly complements the roasted turkey.
Roast Turkey Breast
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all. Roast turkey is a fantastic meal that is both flavorful and easy to make. Plus, it’s a healthy option as well, especially when you follow this recipe!
This roast turkey breast recipe comes from Chef Sam, the executive chef at the all-inclusive fitness resort, Fitness Ridge.
Healthy Turkey Option
Did you know that turkey breast has fewer calories than chicken breast? This is a great recipe to use if you are wanting to do a lighter Thanksgiving dinner or even a healthy Sunday dinner.
The herb blend used for the turkey is so fresh and delicious! It adds so much flavor, you don’t even NEED gravy. However, if you are looking for a lighter gravy to put on your mashed potatoes, this Lemon Rosemary Gravy is a hit! The slight citrus flavor along with the fresh herbs gives it such a bright, wonderful flavor, sans calories.
There’s nutrition information in the recipe card below, but if you are curious what the nutrition is for the turkey and gravy individually, here you go:
Turkey: serves appx. 14 (4oz. each) = 117 Calories
Gravy: serves appx. 16 (1 oz. each) = 20 calories
More Thanksgiving Recipes:
- Southern Corn Casserole
- Thanksgiving Stuffing with Bacon
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Cranberry Sausage Stuffing
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Coconut Pecan Topping
How to Make Roast Turkey Breast
Roast Turkey Breast with Lemon Rosemary Gravy
- Roasting pan
For the Turkey:
For the Turkey:
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan to high heat and sear the turkey breast on each side. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a roasting pan add the carrots celery and onion to the bottom of the pan; add the turkey on top of the vegetables.
- Cover pan with foil and roast turkey for 1 ½ – 2 hours or until the internal temp is 180 degrees- 10 minutes before the turkey is done rub the turkey with the herb mixture and bake.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before you carve it.
- Chop all the herbs. Using a mixing bowl add the herb mixture. Then stir.
For the Gravy:
- In a pot, heat liquid to a simmer. Add the remainder of the ingredients except for the cornstarch slurry. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, just long enough to cook the vegetables but not reduce the liquid.
- Make the cornstarch slurry by mixing the cornstarch and 2 T. of water together, then whisk into the gravy to thicken.
- Blend the gravy. Serve hot.