This Roast Turkey Breast with Lemon Rosemary Gravy is full of delicious flavor. The lemon rosemary gravy perfectly complements the roasted turkey.
This roast turkey breast recipe comes from Chef Sam, the executive chef at the all-inclusive fitness resort, Fitness Ridge. This is a great recipe to use if you are wanting to do a lighter Thanksgiving dinner or even a light Sunday dinner. The herb blend used for the turkey is so fresh and delicious! It adds so much flavor, you don’t even NEED gravy… but if you are looking for a lighter gravy to put on your mashed potatoes, this Lemon Rosemary Gravy is a hit! The slight citrus flavor along with the fresh herbs give it such a bright, wonderful flavor.
Roast Turkey Breast and Lemon Rosemary Gravy Nutrition Information
Here is the calorie/serving breakdown on this recipe:
Turkey: serves appx. 14 (4oz. each) = 117 Calories
Gravy: serves appx. 16 (1 oz. each) = 20 calories
How to Make Roast Turkey Breast with Lemon Rosemary Gravy
For the Turkey:
For the Turkey:
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan to high heat and sear the turkey breast on each side. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a roasting pan add the carrots celery and onion to the bottom of the pan; add the turkey on top of the vegetables.
- Cover pan with foil and roast turkey for 1 ½ - 2 hours or until the internal temp is 180 degrees- 10 minutes before the turkey is done rub the turkey with the herb mixture and bake.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before you carve it.
- Chop all the herbs. Using a mixing bowl add the herb mixture. Then stir.
For the Gravy:
- In a pot, heat liquid to a simmer. Add the remainder of the ingredients except for the cornstarch slurry. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, just long enough to cook the vegetables but not reduce the liquid.
- Make the cornstarch slurry by mixing the cornstarch and 2 T. of water together, then whisk into the gravy to thicken.
- Blend the gravy. Serve hot.