These chicken flautas are a great lunch or dinner to whip up if you don’t have a lot of time but still want a good, hot family-pleasing meal. They are perfect for kids! I love dipping these in sour cream, salsa, and/or ranch dressing.
- 1 1/2 c. shredded chicken (feel free to use leftover chicken or even canned chicken)
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 c. salsa
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10-12 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, salsa, cumin, chili powder, and salt & pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Mix together well.
- Evenly distribute chicken mixture over each tortilla, making a line down the middle of each tortilla and then rolling them up tight.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place rolled up tortillas evenly spaced on the cookie sheet (seam side down) and spray cooking spray generously over the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tortillas become golden-brown.