Breakfast sandwiches can come in many varieties. From meaty & cheesy, to light & low calorie, here are some of our favorites.
Round out your breakfast with a refreshing smoothie like our tasty Green Smoothie or our fruity Banana Berry Smoothie. Find more morning-mealtime inspiration with our popular 25+ Easy Breakfast Ideas.
Breakfast sandwiches are the perfect, quick solution for busy mornings. They require very little prep work and can be cooked up in a matter of minutes. You have a lot of wiggle-room with sandwiches to make them any way you want. You can make them meaty and cheesy like the sandwich above, or you can keep it light with just a few simple ingredients like avocado and tomato.
Make It Perfectly Yours
The “perfect breakfast sandwich” is subjective. There is no one “perfect” way to make one, the combination possibilities are truly endless. You can use any combination of bread, meat, vegetables, or cheese to make a sandwich that is perfect for you. Here are some popular choices for each component of a breakfast sandwich:
- Sliced bread
- English muffin
- Turkey sausage
- Turkey bacon
- Roasted red pepper
- Sautéed onion
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Cream cheese
The Ultimate Meat-Lovers Breakfast Sandwich
This sandwich (recipe below) is a meat-lovers dream. It is my husband’s favorite breakfast sandwich and it is BIG (he calls it the “lumberjack”). The two of us can easily split one sandwich and be totally full. We can have this for breakfast and we won’t be hungry again until dinner. It is packed with protein and full of flavor.
Avocado Toast (3 Ways)
This open-faced style sandwich makes for a delicious, high protein, healthy morning meal. It is a savory breakfast that will keep your energy up until lunch! This recipe can be made in mere minutes and includes three different ways to enjoy it.
Breakfast Hand Pies
Savory Breakfast Hand Pies offer a fun twist on your typical breakfast sandwich. Eggs, green chiles, tomato, ham, and cheese get wrapped up in buttery, flaky puff pastry and then baked to perfection. You will love the layers of flavor in this recipe!
Breakfast Monte Cristos
This Breakfast Monte Cristo Sandwich is a delicious twist on a classic! Fried egg, ham, and Swiss cheese are nestled between two thick slices of French toast and cooked to perfection. I love to serve this sandwich dusted with powdered sugar and topped with sweet raspberry jam.
Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
These Light Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect for mornings on the go. You can make 24 at once, freeze them, and pull them out one at a time to heat. These are much less expensive, and taste way better than the light ones from the freezer section at the grocery store. Only 268 calories per sandwich!
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Croissants
These Croissant Sandwiches are delicious as they are filling. Flaky, crispy croissants are piled with fluffy egg, gooey cheese and savory ham. These sandwiches were inspired by one of our favorite restaurants in Utah and Idaho called Kneaders and they have become one of our very favorite sandwiches.
How To Make The Ultimate Meat-Lovers Breakfast Sandwich
- Lay out all ingredients. Heat a large skillet or griddle to 375-degrees. Toast the bread and set aside (no butter necessary, only if desired).
- Spray griddle with cooking spray. Cook the sausage, bacon, and ham on the griddle until cooked through. Set aside.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray again. Cook each egg separately on the griddle to your liking (in the picture here we lightly beat each egg before cooking, in the pictures above, we cooked each one over-easy). Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer one slice of toast, sausage, egg, and one slice of cheese.
- Add second slice of toast, then add egg, ham, cheese, and bacon. Top with last slice of toast.
- Hold sandwich together firmly with one hand and slice sandwich in half, diagonally to make 2 servings. Serve immediately.