If you are looking for some tasty food for New Year’s Eve, you have come to the right place! This is a great list of recipes for hosting a New Year’s Eve party or for a cozy New Year’s Eve at home.
Food for New Year’s Eve Celebrations
From drinks like our homemade sparkling cider to dips and appetizers to our easy chocolate truffles and delectable desserts, we have got you covered!
We have put together a tasty list of recipes for New Years Eve that will keep your parties fun and classy! What better way to ring in the new year than with some delicious drinks, appetizers, and desserts. Celebrate the end of the year and enjoy one last night of fantastic food before the New Years resolutions begin. These particular recipes will be the hit of the party while you count down to the New Year.
As we are a family-friendly site, we are happy to offer some delicious non-alcoholic drinks the whole family can enjoy. Try something warm and creamy to sip on while playing games or watching a movie. We also have sparkly and pretty cold drinks to serve up in a stemmed glass for a New Year’s Eve toast.
- Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Cider (Copycat Recipe): This delicious, warm apple cider drink is pretty darn close to the actual recipe used at Starbucks. This recipe is easy to make and is much more cost effective when made at home.
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate: Your childhood dreams are about to come true! This pink hot chocolate is so sweet and creamy, you can’t help smiling when drinking it.
- Wassail Recipe: Our Wassail mix has all the flavors of citrus, cinnamon, and cloves. It lovingly warms and cheers you from the inside out.
- Hot Chocolate Bar: Get the party started with a hot chocolate bar your guests will never forget! We will walk you through the set-up, stir-ins, toppings, garnishes, and more.
- Homemade Sparkling Cider: Sparkling Cider is a must-make in our family, especially over the holidays! This easy-to-make version uses club soda to get that sparkle-y fizz—no fancy carbonating machine required.
- Harry Potter Butterbeer: Our recipe for Harry Potter Butterbeer tastes just like what they sell at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. A no-cook method that is SO easy! A drink kids will love on New Year’s Eve or anytime of the year.
- Raspberry Soda: This Raspberry Soda recipe is for all our Swig fans out there! It is our version of Swig’s Raspberry Dream. Dr. Pepper, raspberries, coconut, and more create a dream of a drink!
- Sparkling Citrus Punch: Sparkling Citrus Punch is a refreshing non-alcoholic drink that is perfect for any celebration. You will love the fizzy, fruity flavor!
- More drink recipes
Your food for New Year’s Eve must include appetizers. In fact, if you only served drinks and appetizers, your New Year’s Eve menu would be complete. These finger foods and snacks are easy to eat during all of your New Year’s Eve festivities. Set them up buffet style for guests to snack on during the evening, or surprise guests by bringing them out one at a time during the night.
Charcuterie Boards and Platters
A beautiful spread of fresh meats, cheeses, vegetables, fruit, and candies is a great way to provide something for everyone on the guest list. You can copy one of our platters here or substitute ideas of your own. This is where you can have fun with your own creative and unique ideas and tastes!
- Christmas Charcuterie Board: We love this holiday charcuterie board that pulls in Christmas candies, cookies, and seasonal dips and crackers. It is colorful and festive. Don’t forget the fresh sprigs of rosemary!
- Fruit Platter with Cream Cheese Fruit Dip: Something on the lighter side is always refreshing after feasting throughout the holidays. Our easy fruit dip has only 4 ingredients and is a delicious complement to fresh fruit.
- Meat and Cheese Tray: Meat and cheese trays are a great appetizer and an easy way for guests to make their own sandwiches. Serve with small dinner for an appetizer, or hoagie buns for a main course.
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board: Here we give all the tips and tricks for an impressive spread that will easily be the star of the party.
An assortment of hot finger food for New Year’s Eve parties is always a hit. Keep foods warm in a crock pot or in the oven during the party, and set out a plate at a time. Be sure to provide vegetarian and gluten free options.
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies: These sweet and savory bites come together with just four ingredients. Make a bunch and watch them disappear!
- Cream Cheese Wontons: You will love these crunchy wontons with or without hot crab filling. Enjoy them dipped in a sweet and sour sauce.
- Sweet and Spicy Appetizer Meatballs: Everyone loves these sweet and savory meatballs with a bit of a spicy kick. Easy to make and keep warm in a crockpot.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings: Can chicken wings really be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with NO OIL? YES! These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are cooked perfectly crisp then smothered in our favorite wing sauce!
- More appetizer recipes
Is party a party without chips and dip? We don’t think so. Here are four of our all-time favorite dips that you are sure to love.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: Buffalo Chicken Dip is a favorite dip for veggies and crackers! It is creamy and delicious, with just a little bit of a spicy kick.
- Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip: This Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip can be made and ready to serve in minutes! It is a quick and easy appetizer that everyone loves.
- Creamy Clam Dip: Clam Dip is always requested at our family parties and gatherings. It is a creamy dip with minced clams, and a touch of lemon. Best served with salty ridged potato chips.
- Chili Cheese Dip: Chili Cheese Dip is one of the easiest warm dips to make. It takes 5 minutes to prepare. Two words to describe this dish: easy and addicting.
- More dip recipes
When planning your food for New Year’s Eve, don’t forget to finish off the year and evening with an irresistible dessert. Do you want to serve an array of dessert choices or one decadent dessert? Either way, we have just what you need to serve your guests something sweet.
Nuts, Candies, and Chocolates
A few little munchies for those who like to nibble a little here and there. We have crunchy. We have creamy. And a little something for everyone with a sweet tooth.
- Cinnamon Almonds: Cinnamon Almonds roasting in the crockpot is the perfect way to make your whole house smell like the holidays. The cinnamon and sugar coating gives the almonds a sweet crunch.
- Crockpot Peanut Clusters: These Easy Crock Pot Peanut Clusters have only 4 ingredients and are so easy to make! Just throw everything in the Crock Pot or slow cooker and you’re done.
- Homemade Almond Joy Candy: Chocolate covered coconut and almonds that taste even better than the actual candy bar. These are truly a family favorite!
- Easy Chocolate Truffles: You won’t believe how simple these Easy Chocolate Truffles are to make. They look and taste impressive, but are basically fool-proof!
- More candy recipes
Cookies and Bars
Cookies and bars are great for parties. You can make them up ahead of time without a lot of fuss. You can also make a lot at one time – enough to feed a big crowd.
- Firecracker Sugar Cookie Bars: Ring in the New Year with the spark of pop rocks on top of these cookie bars. Every bite is like a little party for your mouth.
- Andes Mint Cookies: Chewy chocolate cookies, topped with melted Andes mints. Rich and delicious with a mild mint flavor.
- Scotcharoos: These no-bake Scotcharoos, also known as Oh Henry Bars, are a favorite treat. A Rice Krispie and peanut butter center is covered with a chocolate butterscotch topping.
- 7 Layer Magic Bars: Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars are always a hit. The coconut, milk chocolate chips, and pecans caramelize while it bakes. A quick and easy delicious dessert for a crowd.
- More cookie and bar recipes
This is where the decadent desserts come in. A slice of one of these rich, dazzling cakes, is enough to satisfy the sweet cravings for the night. Each of these recipes will serve 12-15 people.
- Raspberry Almond Fudge Ice Cream Cake: Raspberry Almond Fudge Ice Cream Cake is a sweet cold and creamy dessert. It’s loaded with chopped almonds, fresh raspberries, and chocolate fudge swirls.
- Twice Chocolate Torte: The layers of chocolate in this Twice Chocolate Torte make every bite moist and creamy.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cake: This Nothing Bundt Cakes White Chocolate Raspberry Cake Copycat tastes just like the popular bakery version! Creamy, flavorful, easy to make at home!
- Chocolate Cherry Cake: If you miss the chocolate covered cherries from Christmas, this cake is for you. Chocolate Cherry Cake is rich and moist and tastes just like biting into a luscious cherry chocolate candy.
- More dazzling cake recipes
We hope you have found the perfect food for your New Year’s Eve celebrations. Happy New Year from all of us at Favorite Family Recipes!!!