Cobb Salad Sandwiches are a delicious twist on your typical Cobb salad. An easy and quick way to enjoy all the flavors of Cobb Salad on the go!
Cobb Salad Sandwiches
Cobb Salad is one of my favorite salads to order out at a restaurant. The crisp bacon, eggs, chicken, avocado, juicy tomatoes and other fresh ingredients piled into a big bowl makes such a delicious meal! Recently I was craving a Cobb salad but didn’t have any lettuce in my house, and I really didn’t want to run to the grocery store or go get take-out. So I got creative and used what I had in my house. The result was a delicious and satisfying sandwich with all the flavors of my favorite salad! I served it for lunch with a side of fruit and some potato chips and it was the yummiest meal! My kids request this sandwich all the time, so I wanted to share it with you. Enjoy!
Cobb Salad Ingredients
The great thing about salads is anything goes! You can literally toss in any ingredients you like into a bowl and drizzle with your favorite dressing and have a fantastic meal. But here are the typical ingredients to a traditional Cobb Salad:
- Iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- Turkey or Chicken
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Cheese (any kind you like, but typically blue cheese or Roquefort cheese)
Suggestions for the Best Cobb Salad Sandwich
- Start with any bread you like. I enjoy a good hearty wheat bread (in fact, I love my mom’s Honey Whole Wheat Breadfor this sandwich too)
- Pile the bread high with sliced turkey, ham or chicken. I like to get sliced meat from the deli counter at my grocery store.
- Then slice up ripe tomatoes and avocado and add it to the sandwich, along with green leafy lettuce (use iceberg if that’s what you have on hand)
- Next, add a few slices of bacon. I like to get the pre-cooked bacon that can just be heated up, or fry up a few slices. Store extra cooked bacon in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Then, add some sliced hard boiled eggs. (Click HERE for Perfect Easy Hard Boiled Eggs)
- Add some blue cheese crumbles or any other cheese that you have in your fridge.
- Spread some mayo on the bread and then drizzle a bit of your favorite salad dressing over the top along with some salt and pepper and you’re set!
More Delicious Lunch Recipes
Whether you’re craving salad, sandwiches or wraps, we have you covered for all your lunchtime needs! Try a few of these delectable recipes:
- Ham and Pineapple Wraps
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Panini Sandwiches
- Steak Salad
- Chicken Caesar Wraps
- French Dip Sandwiches with Au Jus
- Nuts About Berries Salad
- Bacon Avocado Sandwich
How to Make Cobb Salad Sandwiches
- Spread mayonnaise evenly on each slice of bread.
- On bottom slice of bread, layer turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, egg, and blue cheese crumbles.
- Salt and pepper the sandwich toppings to taste.
- Lightly drizzle your favorite salad dressing over the toppings.
- Add top slice of bread. Cut the sandwich in half and serve.