These Grilled Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Poppers are such a great BBQ side dish. If you are worried about the spice you can also use mini bell peppers, those work great too!
Grilled Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Don’t think that because these are made from jalapenos they will be crazy hot. If you remove all the seeds they should actually be pretty mild. You can also use small bell peppers if you are really worried about it.
We did a combination of jalapenos and bell peppers last time and we loved the variety. These make a great side dish or appetizer to burgers!
How to make Grilled Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 jalapenos
- garlic salt
- 4 oz cream cheese or
- 2 oz Colby Jack cheese rectangled to fit inside each pepper (Instead of cubed... I know that's not a word but I don't know how else to describe it!)
- 4 slices thick bacon grilled or pan fried, cut into quarters
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing or BBQ sauce
- Chop stems off jalapenos, cut in half (lengthwise), then remove all seeds. They should look like little green boats.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt. Using a butter knife, spread some cream cheese in each jalapeno.
- Place a rectangle of cheese Colby Jack cheese over the cream cheese . Top with bacon and grill on low-medium heat until cheese is melted and the outside of the jalapeno is soft and cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle on some fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with ranch dressing or BBQ sauce for dipping.
- Outdoor Barbecue Grill