Mini Fruit Tarts the perfect treat for summer when a variety of fresh fruits are in season! They are an easy dessert to make and look like your own little personal pie.
Mini Fruit Tarts
These Mini Fruit Tarts are such a great way to celebrate the many delicious flavors of summer. They are pretty, easy to make, and look like your own little personal pie. These tarts are one of our families favorite desserts! We love the flavor combination of strawberry and peach, however be sure to check the recipe notes for more delicious fruit combinations. Put it all in a flaky crust and you have got yourself something that is so incredibly tasty!
Because fruit tarts are individual little treats and easy to eat, they are delightful on a refreshment table. They are ideal for baby showers, bridal showers, book clubs, etc.
Best Fruit To Use
One of the great things about this dessert is it is totally customizable to your tastes. And you can switch it up every time by using different fruit. Some of our favorites are strawberries, peaches, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and more. Or, mix things up by combining any of your favorites for an even more unique flavor. Let us know your favorites by leaving a comment below.
More Ways to Enjoy Fresh Fruit
These mini fruit tarts are just one way to enjoy all the best fruit flavors of the season. If you just can’t get enough fresh fruit this summer, check out some of these recipes.
- Easy Fruit Pizza is a fun way to bring the fruity flavors of summer together with a sugar cookie crust and yummy cream cheese.
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs are a win at any picnic or barbecue. The heat of the grill enhances the flavor of all kinds of summer fruits.
- Raspberry Peach Cobbler is a tasty way to use fresh summer peaches and raspberries. It’s so simple — only takes five ingredients!
- Blackberry Fruit Salad is the perfect side dish for a picnic, or for a busy weeknight supper.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip has a hint of citrus flavor that enhances fresh fruit beautifully. It adds an extra touch to fresh fruit trays.
How to Make Mini Fruit Tarts
For the crust:
- Mix flour, shortening, and salt with a pastry blender until thoroughly blended together.
- Slowly add 1 cup of water while mixing with a fork.
- Form the dough into a large ball, then divide into 24 small balls.
- Roll out the balls into small flat circles and place dough into muffin tins. Pinch and shape the top edges like you would with a pie crust. Stab with a fork on the bottom and sides of the crust to prevent bubbling.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the top edges.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes (or until the crusts look lightly golden).
For the filling:
- Wash and slice the strawberries. Peel and slice the peaches. Mix together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix water and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When heated and melted together, slowly add in the sugar/cornstarch mixture while stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir over heat until sauce becomes thick, then remove from heat and add the almond extract.
- Immediately pour the heated sauce over the bowl with the peaches and strawberries. Gently stir until fruit is evenly coated. Allow to cool, and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving spoon mixture into individual pre-cooked crusts. Makes 24 tarts.
- Muffin tin