These Strawberry Peach Tarts the perfect treat for Summer when peaches are on! They are an easy dessert to make and look like your own little personal pie.
These Strawberry Peach Tarts are so great in late summer when peaches are fresh! They are pretty, easy to make, and look like your own little personal pie. These tarts are one of our families favorite desserts! We love the flavor combination of strawberry and peach, and the creamy almond sauce that they are tossed in is seriously amazing. Put it all in a flaky crust and you have got yourself something that is so incredibly tasty!
How to make Strawberry Peach Tarts
For the crust:
- Mix with a pastry blender until all ingredients are thoroughly blended together. Slowly add 1 cup of water while mixing with a fork. Form the dough into a large ball, then divide into 24 small balls.
- Roll out the balls into small flat circles and place dough into muffin tins. Pinch and shape the top edges like you would with a pie crust. Stab with a fork on the bottom and sides of the crust to prevent bubbling.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over the top edges. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes (or until the crusts look lightly golden).
For the filling:
- Wash and slice the strawberries then peel and slice the peaches. Mix together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside. Mix water and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. When heated and melted together, slowly add in the sugar/cornstarch mixture while stirring constantly.
- Continue to stir over heat until sauce becomes thick, then remove from heat and add the almond extract. Immediately pour the hot sauce over the bowl with the peaches and strawberries.
- Just before serving spoon mixture into individual pre-cooked crusts. Makes 24 tarts.
- Muffin tin